GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 22:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 00:37
Hello Guys how likely is it that there will be a fundamental change in the gmat process so the books and courses now are instantly becoming outdated? I am considering to buy all the Ressources (Manhattan GMAT, and Official Guides) this month, although I plan to do my GMAT next year july.

Another Question is, the Business School I want to apply to, doesn't look at the total score but at the relative percentage, is there any table who shows the actual percentage of each total score? When are you better then 80% or 90% of the people?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 01:23
charlesjacob4695 wrote:
Hello Guys how likely is it that there will be a fundamental change in the gmat process so the books and courses now are instantly becoming outdated? I am considering to buy all the Ressources (Manhattan GMAT, and Official Guides) this month, although I plan to do my GMAT next year july.

Another Question is, the Business School I want to apply to, doesn't look at the total score but at the relative percentage, is there any table who shows the actual percentage of each total score? When are you better then 80% or 90% of the people?
1. In terms of concepts, none whatsoever. You can start studying now for an exam next year, though preparing over such a long period of time has some major disadvantages. If you're not looking to start preparing now, you could just buy the same books later at a lower price, if that's important to you.

2. You can check the latest percentiles here.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

SVP
SVP
S
Re: Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 13:26
Top Contributor
As you may know, the length of the GMAT test is shortening - this month.

Over the years, the GMAT has continually adjusted the types of questions ever so slightly - with the most significant change in 2013 - with the addition of integrated reasoning. But since this section does not affect the core test - the part where you are scored on an 800 score - its importance is still being assessed in the admissions industry.

So for the most part - you can prepare now - and still know that what you are studying now will likely be highly relevant towards your exam in the near future.

As you gather resources, you may find these video tutorials helpful:

Here is a Google Sheet with links to OG SC video explanations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

As an example, you can try to watch through a few walkthroughs here:
http://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrection/og/q007.mp4
http://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrection/og/d35.mp4

This is a great resource from which to practice and also hear an expert's perspective thinking through test questions.

We encourage you to explore some of the success stores of GMAT Pill-ers at:

http://www.gmatpill.com/testimonials

Our online question bank has 1,000+ practice questions available free. A paid account is required to view all of our excellent video explanations.

http://www.gmatpill.com
Re: Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions &nbs [#permalink] 14 Apr 2018, 13:26

Buying the Books now ? (Possible GMAT Changes?) and other Questions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap