Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 15:25 It is currently 05 May 2024, 15:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Just got accepted from the waitlist! My dream school! Got the call at 1:16 CT
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Alumni Stories: Meet Javier Valenti, ’15

Continuing with our Alumni Stories video series, we caught up with Javier Valenti, ’15, at Evercore in New York. Switching careers from law to investment banking, Javier knew that the Booth brand would open doors in New York’s finance industry. What he didn’t anticipate was the family of Booth alumni he found within his company. That’s the type of support that starts in your two years here on campus and continues on for the rest of your life.

Watch Alumni Stories: Javier Valenti, M&A Associate at Evercore

Coming up, our next video in the Alumni Stories series will see how the Chicago Booth MBA helps one alumna define her impact in consulting. Let us know what other industries you’d like to hear about.

Best,

Lizzie

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: The Class of 2016 is Graduating!
I can’t believe that our time at Booth has come to an end, 2 years goes by so quickly! Graduation is tomorrow and we will be saying goodbye to our time as bloggers for The Booth Experience, as well as goodbye to this time in our life as MBA students. We are all excited for … Continue reading The Class of 2016 is Graduating! →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: The 2016-17 Full-Time MBA Essay

This past Saturday we celebrated the Class of 2016 during the University of Chicago's 527th convocation ceremony. Graduation also marks the beginning of the search for the next group of Chicago Booth MBA students. For our admissions team, this includes refining our application and essay in order to learn how applicants in the coming year might connect with our community as a student at Booth.

Last year, we made the shift away from open-ended essay questions toward an essay using visual prompts applicants could use to spark a conversation about their candidacy and their ‘story.’ We asked applicants to select one of 16 provided pictures and tell us how it resonated with their viewpoint of why the Booth community was the right fit. We discovered a lot about how candidates imagined themselves learning, growing, and contributing at Booth.

This year applicants to the Class of 2019 will have the same opportunity for visuals as inspiration - 10 new images representing impactful moments at Booth with the question:

“The following is a collection of shared Booth moments. Choose the moment that best resonates with you and tell us why.” 

We encourage you to be genuine, authentic, and not overthink the question. Consider each moment, study the captions, and select the moment with which you feel most connected. Our hope is to learn a little more about why you chose a particular moment and what it means for you in your decision to apply to Booth.

The exercise is about showing us something we cannot learn elsewhere in the application. There is no wrong way to approach this. The question and moments are yours to answer and yours to interpret.

To ask specific questions to the admissions committee about this year’s essay and application, join our live Twitter chat on June 21 from 12 - 1 p.m. CST. You can also follow the #ChicagoBoothMoments conversation on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, or follow the Full-Time MBA program on LinkedIn to connect with other applicants. And as always, feel free to comment below with your questions.

We look forward to getting to know you a little more this coming year.

Best of luck to all of you,

Donna Swinford

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Perseverance and Support
I was born and raised in Panama City, Panama. I started my life in the corporate world when I turned 20, as a Customer Finance Manager at Procter & Gamble, and completed my undergrad degree at night, while working during the day. I loved this world and was completely fascinated by the complexity, the excitement, … Continue reading Perseverance and Support →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Full-Time MBA Events This Summer

Although summer is arguably every Chicagoan's favorite time of year, Booth admissions directors and current students will be travelling to all corners of the world for Booth Information Sessions, student-hosted events, and the many fairs and forums in which we take part.

Since many of you are thinking about when to apply, or how you will approach the 2016-17 essay and application, consider the benefits of meeting staff, alumni, and students. There is no substitute for face-to-face conversations to get your questions answered and to learn more about Chicago Booth.

So plan to join us in a city near you! We encourage you to plan on attending various events if possible — all offering a different perspective to the Booth experience. Our team will be hosting or participating in events in North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East, and Asia.

Chicago Booth Full-Time MBA Information Sessions are designed to give you an in-depth overview of the MBA Program and unique Chicago Approach. Hosted by an Admissions Director and members of the local alumni community, hear firsthand from a panel of Booth alumni about how a Booth MBA has defined their impact and careers.

RSVP for a Student-Hosted Event to spend an evening with Booth students in a casual and fun atmosphere. In addition to internships in new cities, adventure travel, and hometown visits, students spend part of their summer break hosting these informal gatherings for prospective students. There are no formal presentations at these events, just great conversation about #TheBoothExperience.

Learn more about Educational Fairs and Forums around the world where you can meet Booth staff or alumni. These are great opportunities to utilize events sponsored by organizations such as Forte Foundation, MBA Tour, and others to meet like-minded prospective MBAs. Many offer added panel discussions and interesting speakers on MBA topics important to you.

Please visit our website to RSVP. Hear unique perspectives about navigating the MBA application process, Booth’s uniquely flexible curriculum, recruiting stories, the social network, as well as experiential and leadership opportunities!

With a busy few months ahead, our team is excited to take off and see you all over the globe!

Best,

Kelsey
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Student Stories: Meet Ray Liu

Current student Ray Liu wanted an MBA program that would balance academic foundations with opportunities to explore his entrepreneurial interests. Chicago Booth provided Ray an ideal environment to experiment with his business idea while mastering the business fundamentals. Coming from a background in enterprise software and the mobile space, Ray was able to apply frameworks he learned in class to build his mobile gaming platform through the support of programs like the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation’s I-Corps and the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge.  

Watch Student Stories: Ray Liu

Ray will also be joining The Booth Experience student blog later this summer so you can keep up with his journey at Booth and beyond.

Check back for more Student Stories coming up this summer.

Looking forward to sharing more videos,

Kate
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Booth’s Pay-it-forward Culture
Collaboration is a cornerstone of Chicago Booth’s pay-it-forward culture. First year students receive help from second year students even before class officially starts. One example is during Random Walks, when second years lead one-week trips to destinations around the world, and start showing first years what Booth is all about. A few weeks later on campus, second years … Continue reading Booth’s Pay-it-forward Culture →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Meet the New Team
Another June passes, and another Chicago Booth graduating class walks out the door and on to their next great adventure. While we’re sad to see them go, we are also thrilled to accept our roles as wise second years and welcome a new set of fresh-faced students to the Harper Center this fall. Here at The … Continue reading Meet the New Team →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Moving across the globe with a family for my MBA
If you have ever been to New Zealand and sat on the beach on a sunny afternoon, the scene is so beautiful and peaceful that it could lull you to sleep—that is if your three-year-old son, Clark, did not giggle with delight while destroying the sandcastle you had just built with powdery, soft sand. Originally … Continue reading Moving across the globe with a family for my MBA →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Creating Lasting Impact in Healthcare
On the first day of Spring Quarter, Professor Dan Adelman welcomed his students to Booth’s Healthcare Analytics Lab exclaiming, “Over the next 11 weeks, you will embark on a journey that is going to push you, and make you learn skills that you will use through the rest of your career.” Healthcare Analytics Lab is … Continue reading Creating Lasting Impact in Healthcare →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: It’s About the Journey
Business school is an incredible place, and one that it exists in an alternate universe.  We spend money we’ll pay back at a later date, we sit in class for only a few hours a week but yet are incredibly busy, and we manage to forge close friendships with people we just met. There are … Continue reading It’s About the Journey →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Getting to the Farm via B-School
One of the perks of designing your own MBA and your own internship is being able to set work aside for a moment so you can sit by a creek and watch the sun set beautifully. Before coming to Booth, I was a consultant in Lagos, Nigeria, where I saw most of my sunsets through … Continue reading Getting to the Farm via B-School →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Chicago: Through the Eyes of a Pokémon Go Trainer
There were countless reasons why I chose to come to Booth: flexible curriculum, variety of companies and industries that recruit on campus, rigor of the academic program… the list goes on. However, one of the biggest factors was the school’s location in the city of Chicago. Having grown up on the east coast, I wanted … Continue reading Chicago: Through the Eyes of a Pokémon Go Trainer →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Upside of uncomfortable
Booth is all about pushing the limits of your comfort zone. You’re encouraged to take risks. To branch out—sometimes way out—from what you know. The school has your back all the way. Before Booth, whenever I was asked “Who are you?” I’d say, “I’m a marketer, I’ve been working for over 5 years and happy … Continue reading Upside of uncomfortable →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: in the pursuit of happiness – booth edition
For my first blog, I’m going to write about something I’ve been giving a lot of thought to over the past few weeks….happiness. Please don’t stop reading—I won’t make this about hugs and sunshine.  I promise, in true Boothie fashion, there’s some data in here. To give you some context, at the mid-point of my … Continue reading in the pursuit of happiness – booth edition →
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: A Primer on Chicago
What makes this city great?  And what about it will you find most compelling? Many of you are facing the question of whether you want to uproot your life, leave your job, family, and friends and move to a place you may know nothing about.  And though that is certainly a daunting prospect, it’s also … Continue reading A Primer on Chicago →
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts