GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 08:48
Anyone gotten more info? Seems like they’re delayed with later apps.

Also, are people seeing responses within the two week window?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 11:49
i haven't even submitted the gmat yet lol - probably too late at this point since it's rolling
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Apr 2020
Posts: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46 (Online)
GPA: 3.65
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 12:01
I really don't think it's too late. There was a 6/1 deadline for the FT class of 2022 MBA as well, so they're busy working on those apps rn. They won't look at us right away, as a result. And anyway, they won't look at the app AT ALL until the score is in.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2020, 12:17
Has anyone heard back this week?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2020, 22:48
Evergreen38 wrote:
Has anyone heard back this week?

Posted from my mobile device


I got my interview invite on 6/12! Hope this helps :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2020, 06:51
schnaco wrote:
Evergreen38 wrote:
Has anyone heard back this week?

Posted from my mobile device


I got my interview invite on 6/12! Hope this helps :)



When did you apply and how’d you hear?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2020, 10:14
Evergreen38 wrote:
schnaco wrote:
Evergreen38 wrote:
Has anyone heard back this week?

Posted from my mobile device


I got my interview invite on 6/12! Hope this helps :)



When did you apply and how’d you hear?


I applied on 5/28 and got an email!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2020, 12:51
Applied on the deadline, got rejected as of 6/16
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2020, 18:27
achintyasuden wrote:
Applied on the deadline, got rejected as of 6/16


what was your gmat score?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2020, 18:43
stuvironaszn wrote:
achintyasuden wrote:
Applied on the deadline, got rejected as of 6/16


what was your gmat score?


took GRE, 163 reading 162 Quant, (5 writing)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2020, 12:17
1
Has anyone here had their interview yet and wants to share their experience? :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 11:30
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 11:58
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


How do you define mediocre? I got an interview with a 730.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:04
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


How do you define mediocre? I got an interview with a 730.


definitely say that's not mediocre haha - 730 is prolly competitive for sure

i meant like around 700 ish
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Apr 2020
Posts: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46 (Online)
GPA: 3.65
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:33
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


Looks like someone got in with a 690 who had a nearly perfect GPA. But yes, the tracker shows that most applicants willing to post their statuses are mid- to high-700s.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:41
stuvironaszn wrote:
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


How do you define mediocre? I got an interview with a 730.


definitely say that's not mediocre haha - 730 is prolly competitive for sure

i meant like around 700 ish


haha sorry! I know this is for a different school, but I got waitlisted at Yale Silver Scholars with a 325 GRE (pretty equivalent to 700 GMAT), and they told me to retake my standardized test. After I submitted the 730 I got admitted. Concluding from that, I am sure it is possible to get into CBS with a 700. It is, however, a lot more likely with a higher score (higher score meaning at school average or above). Did you apply this year or are you planning on applying next year and thinking about retaking right ow?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:44
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


How do you define mediocre? I got an interview with a 730.


definitely say that's not mediocre haha - 730 is prolly competitive for sure

i meant like around 700 ish


haha sorry! I know this is for a different school, but I got waitlisted at Yale Silver Scholars with a 325 GRE (pretty equivalent to 700 GMAT), and they told me to retake my standardized test. After I submitted the 730 I got admitted. Concluding from that, I am sure it is possible to get into CBS with a 700. It is, however, a lot more likely with a higher score (higher score meaning at school average or above). Did you apply this year or are you planning on applying next year and thinking about retaking right ow?


Yea I am planning on retaking it at aiming from 730+. How did Yale reach out to you to tell you to retake the exam? Was it something along the lines of "hey you're application is good but we'd like you to retake the GMAT"? Hopefully CBS will tell me something similar instead of just rejecting me outright haha.

Also since I just took the GMAT I'll have to wait 15 days until I can take it again. And yeah I applied this year and just submitted test scores (undergrad class of 2020).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:49
stuvironaszn wrote:
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
schnaco wrote:
stuvironaszn wrote:
Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a mediocre GMAT or GRE score? I feel like they're only looking for people with really high test scores


How do you define mediocre? I got an interview with a 730.


definitely say that's not mediocre haha - 730 is prolly competitive for sure

i meant like around 700 ish


haha sorry! I know this is for a different school, but I got waitlisted at Yale Silver Scholars with a 325 GRE (pretty equivalent to 700 GMAT), and they told me to retake my standardized test. After I submitted the 730 I got admitted. Concluding from that, I am sure it is possible to get into CBS with a 700. It is, however, a lot more likely with a higher score (higher score meaning at school average or above). Did you apply this year or are you planning on applying next year and thinking about retaking right ow?


Yea I am planning on retaking it at aiming from 730+. How did Yale reach out to you to tell you to retake the exam? Was it something along the lines of "hey you're application is good but we'd like you to retake the GMAT"? Hopefully CBS will tell me something similar instead of just rejecting me outright haha.

Also since I just took the GMAT I'll have to wait 15 days until I can take it again. And yeah I applied this year and just submitted test scores (undergrad class of 2020).


Idk if you applied to Yale, but when they waitlist you, you can email them to inquire about areas you could improve while on the waitlist. I emailed them and they were pretty clear about that they liked me, but that a stronger test would be something they want to see.

Haha I hope so too! Did you have your interview for Columbia (yet)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2020
Posts: 16
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:53
Didn't get an interview yet as I just submitted my test scores.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 29
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2020, 12:56
stuvironaszn wrote:
Didn't get an interview yet as I just submitted my test scores.


Gotcha! Best of luck to you
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020   [#permalink] 26 Jun 2020, 12:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 91 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia Deferred MBA applicants 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  





cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne