GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 01:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.63
Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Oct 2019, 00:41
Hello all - as we approach the Round 1 EMBA deadlines, thought we could make a thread for the Fuqua Executive MBA 2020 Intake hopefuls to get to know each other.

I was admitted a couple weeks back and I am strongly considering heading to Durham when the program begins in May next year. Love everything I've heard about their program. Current Fuqua EMBA folks please feel free to share your thoughts here too!

My stats: 11 years work experience, JD, senior director for a public affairs consulting firm.

Duke Executive MBA Deadlines

EMBA App Status Tracker

Global Executive

Weekend Executive

Originally posted by shibadude on 28 Aug 2019, 11:16.
Last edited by Narenn on 30 Oct 2019, 00:41, edited 4 times in total.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 22:35
Thanks shibadude! Congrats on admit and I appreciate you starting a dedicated thread for executive MBA applicants. I just got to know that Duke offers two EMBA tracks - Global and Weekend EMBA. I think you got admitted to the weekend program, right?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2019, 22:36
Posting here deadlines of both Global executive and weekend executive programs.

Duke Global Executive MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DueDecisions by
R1Oct. 16, 2019-
R2Dec. 4, 2019-
R3Jan. 22, 2020-
R4Mar. 11, 2020-
R5April 29, 2020-
R6May 27, 2020-

Duke Weekend Executive MBA Deadlines: 2020 Intake
RoundApplication DueDecisions by
R1Sep. 18, 2019-
R2Oct. 16, 2019-
R3Dec. 4, 2019-
R4Jan. 22, 2020-
R5Mar. 11, 2020-

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.63

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2019, 06:51
Yep, weekend! I'll edit now and get my info into the tracker.

Narenn wrote:
Thanks shibadude! Congrats on admit and I appreciate you starting a dedicated thread for executive MBA applicants. I just got to know that Duke offers two EMBA tracks - Global and Weekend EMBA. I think you got admitted to the weekend program, right?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 06:29
Guys, you 've suceeded. Congrats. Please I need OG 2020 or 2019.kindly send to oloyederonke90gmail I will appreciate.

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 06:53
Adebimpe Just a note, for the global EMBA option no GMAT is required; for the weekend program, the are pretty willing to offer waivers if you have a solid quant background ie in terms of education, professional designation like CFA or even your job. One of my clients was in a leadership position for media analytics at NBC and received a waiver.

Adebimpe wrote:
Guys, you 've suceeded. Congrats. Please I need OG 2020 or 2019.kindly send to oloyederonke90gmail I will appreciate.

Intern
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2019, 12:25
What is the normal time between application and admissions decision for the WEMBA program?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.55
WE: Accounting (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2019, 23:42
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Adebimpe Just a note, for the global EMBA option no GMAT is required; for the weekend program, the are pretty willing to offer waivers if you have a solid quant background ie in terms of education, professional designation like CFA or even your job. One of my clients was in a leadership position for media analytics at NBC and received a waiver.

Adebimpe wrote:

What are my chances at a GMAT waiver for this program? I am a 31 year old CPA with 6 years of work experience with multiple promotions at a fortune 50 consumer products company. 3.5-3.6 GPA both in B.S. and M.S. in Accounting.

I also struggled to find a GMAT score that would give me a pretty solid chance of acceptance. Does anyone know what that might be for Fuqua's WEMBA? I know Kellogg's full time average is about 715 but the WMBA is more like 650. McComb's full time is close to 700 but the WMBA is about 640. What are the numbers for Fuqua?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2019, 20:33
Good evening everyone!

I've been admitted to the Weekend Executive MBA cohort to start this coming May.

A brief synopsis of my profile:
38 year old male entrepreneur; M&A advisory for the lower middle market.

Also a managing partner in a startup real estate firm with a focus on revitalizing historic downtown buildings for commercial use.

Civic engagement includes service as the Chairman of the Board of our states Higher Education Assistance Authority; portfolio of $4B in student loans

Member Finance and Investment Committee for a $54M endowment for health policy change.

Prior candidate for State Senate

Applied with a GRE OF 167v 151q and 5.5 AWA

Undergrad from a not well known state school: 2.98 gpa

MSc in Finance and Economic Policy from the University of London
MA in Philosophical Theology at Liberty University

Duke is definitely up there for me. Admits from IU-Kelley and NYU Stern as well. Darden, Ross, and Kellogg decisions should come this week.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 09:09
Does anyone have insight into merit scholarships for the weekend MBA? Do students tend to receive cash with their acceptance?
GMAT Club Bot
Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2019, 09:09

Fuqua Global & Weekend Executive MBA 2020Intake: Calling all Aplicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish