Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 11:40 It is currently 08 May 2024, 11:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  311   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.97
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 292
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2022 Intake) Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Hi,

I had a few doubts regarding the Early Entry Option at ISB. I currently have around 23 months of full time work experience as on June 2021 and am thinking of applying to ISB in 2021 itself.

1. Till when do we have to count our work experience while applying to ISB (as in cutoff date) while applying under EEO? Will I be counted in the EEO or the normal PGP candidates?

2. If one gets admitted via EEO in 2021, will they join the class of 2022-2023 or later than that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 304
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
jodieFoster2358, Early Entry Option (PGP deferred) 2022:
To apply under the Early Entry Option for a deferred admission, you will need to have:
a Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline a valid GMAT / GRE score less than 24 months of full time post-qualification work experience as of May 31, 2022 TOEFL / IELTS / PTE score (only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level was not English)

this is the exact test from the ISB application portal. Your experience in terms of number of months is considered as of May 31, 2022

PGP 2022-23 To enroll in the PGP Class of 2023, you will need to have: a Bachelors degree or equivalent in any discipline a valid GMAT or GRE score at least 24 months of full time post-qualification work experience as of May 31, 2022 TOEFL / IELTS (only if the language of instruction at undergraduate study level was not English)

Originally posted by Shrey08 on 05 Jun 2021, 21:59.
Last edited by Shrey08 on 05 Jun 2021, 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 304
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
this is the exact text from the ISB application portal. Your experience in terms of number of months is considered as of May 31, 2022
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
jodieFoster2358 wrote:
Hi,

I had a few doubts regarding the Early Entry Option at ISB. I currently have around 23 months of full time work experience as on June 2021 and am thinking of applying to ISB in 2021 itself.

1. Till when do we have to count our work experience while applying to ISB (as in cutoff date) while applying under EEO? Will I be counted in the EEO or the normal PGP candidates?

2. If one gets admitted via EEO in 2021, will they join the class of 2022-2023 or later than that?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Simply,
1. You'll apply via PGP and if admitted, start by 2022 since you'll have more than 2 years of workex by May 2022.

2. For anyone admitted via EEO in 2021-22 admissions cycle (i.e. starting now), she/he will start when they complete 2 years fo workex, i.e. 2023 or 2024.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Bookmarks
Are there any specific number of seats alloted for EEO option? Like for YLP program ISB has 100 seats for each - Prefinal and Final year. Similarly what is quota of seats for EEO option?

Are there any specific number of seats alloted for EEO? Like for YLP program ISB has 100 seats for each - Prefinal and Final year. Similarly what is quota of seats for EEO?

Originally posted by yashgada99 on 05 Jun 2021, 23:09.
Last edited by yashgada99 on 05 Jun 2021, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
Send PM
Kudos
Is this true for YLP? 100 seats for pre final year applicants? It can’t be more or less?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hey , anyone can help me know how to get feedback from Adcom on the application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
+1 on Dbdollyb
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dbdollyb wrote:
Hey , anyone can help me know how to get feedback from Adcom on the application ?
Usually ISB doesn’t share feedback. However, you must reach out in the context of reapplying and knowing more about your chances. For the interview, you can reach out to the alums who were on the panel. Thought high chances they may not exactly recall. I’m happy to take a quick look at your application and share my thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
avichalchopra wrote:
Is this true for YLP? 100 seats for pre final year applicants? It can’t be more or less?
MananS4G, any comments on this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Schools: ISB '21
Send PM
Hello Guys, Need your advise whether my profile sounds good. I’m a software engineer working with Reliance Jio with an experience of 4.5 yrs in domain of architecture and design. Gmat score : 730 . Recently got my promotion and retention bonus + salary raise. Also have good amount of work done with ngo Reliance foundation. was silver medalist and bronze medal holder in engineering academic . I have been part of events such as Jaipur Literature festival in capacity of Team leader and many more to count
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MananS4G, Hey can you please evaluate my profile? I don’t know how to send a private message
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
supergirl1992, you can click on the 3 dots next to Manan’s text and then click on the text bubble icon. That would allow you to send a personal text to him
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks

Need help with profile evaluation. Please share links of admission consulting agencies for ISB

Originally posted by supergirl1992 on 07 Jun 2021, 00:35.
Last edited by supergirl1992 on 07 Jun 2021, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Hello Ved, all premium B school adcoms look for signs of growth, leadership potential and diversity factor in the profiles of applicants. Do you have a life story that would convince your target school to allot the next vacant seat to you? You may be a software engineer, but how are you different from the other software engineers who apply for ISB. Are you a go getter, a self starter or someone who got fast tracked at your company due to your exceptional stakeholder management skills? Your stint with the NGO could be a great conversation starter and highlight your motivation to bring about a positive change in society through your work. How would this passion of yours connect with your goals in life, or mid term and long term career goals?

B schools are looking for applicants with a reasonable IQ but a higher than average EQ and leadership potential. If you are able to tell a great story and articulate your motivation for doing the MBA (why ISB and why now), you stand a very strong chance at making it.

Best wishes

Ved22 wrote:
Hello Guys, Need your advise whether my profile sounds good. I’m a software engineer working with Reliance Jio with an experience of 4.5 yrs in domain of architecture and design. Gmat score : 730 . Recently got my promotion and retention bonus + salary raise. Also have good amount of work done with ngo Reliance foundation. was silver medalist and bronze medal holder in engineering academic . I have been part of events such as Jaipur Literature festival in capacity of Team leader and many more to count
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 632 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Hi, though 2 years is on the lower end of the spectrum for ISB, it is by no means a deterrent if you are an exceptional candidate. Your stories in your essays should highlight how you took responsibilities at an early age and show signs of maturity through your exceptional story telling. Show your business acumen in your stories if you have had any side hustles that rewarded you in any way, or talk about contributing to your family income since an early age (if you did in anyway). You could show you are a self starter and a go getter at work who has shown exceptional stakeholder management early on in career.

Each one of us has his/her own timeline when he/she is ready to aim for higher responsibilities on professional front. If you are one such candidate you might as well stand a strong chance. So I recommend you think about your stories and motivation and then take the next step. In the same manner you should introspect about your mid term and long term goals.

Best wishes

jodieFoster2358 wrote:
Hi, I’ll be completing 2 years of work experience in July’ 21. How does this affect my chances of applying to ISB? A little background -

jodieFoster2358 wrote:
Hi, I’ll be completing 2 years of work experience in July’ 21. How does this affect my chances of applying to ISB? A little background -
I am currently working in a major Technology MNC and have worked on products which have impacted over 2 million users at launch. I’ve also mentored colleagues higher than me in designation at work and have done some work with an NGO. Academic Background - Have graduated from a top engineering college in India with a CGPA of 8.35

Originally posted by MBAGuide on 07 Jun 2021, 05:17.
Last edited by MBAGuide on 07 Jun 2021, 07:03, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Dear Ved22, Below is a quick evaluation of your profile for ISB PGP.
GMAT: Good
Academics: Above Average.
Work Experience: Good. 4.5 years is a sweet spot as far as ISB is concerned; RIL JIO’s brand definitely adds value. Further, experience in non-traditional field – architecture adds to the diversity.
Extracurricular: Above Average. Voluntary experience with Jio foundation gives the impression that you were involved in serving a prominent social cause. However, you will need to back up the creds with specifics around what exactly was your role and how did it add value to the community. If you can relate it with some personal motivation/story, its all the better.
Overall, I (as an ISB alum and admission consultant for the last 5 years) feel that you are an academic fit to the cohort. However, you need to demonstrate through your application – essays and recommendation letters that you are also a cultural fit, and your differentiated experiences will add value to the rest 900+ peers in your cohort. You should focus on highlighting WHY this is the right time for you do the MBA, your short- and long-term career plan and how does an MBA from ISB fit into the scheme of things, and how you will contribute to the P2P learning.
Feel free to reach out to me in case you want to bounce of anything wrt the application, or require specific guidance.
Cheers and Best of Luck
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  311