It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2008, 23:19
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
Do you have any young (0-3 Years WE) candidates in your class ?

Plenty with 3 years...I believe a bunch of the former gmatclub people here have 3 or 4 years. However, there is a very small percentage of students with 2 years (probably only like 3 to 5%). Less than 2 probably 1 or none...maybe a few people with advanced degrees and no real fulltime work experience.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 00:30
riverripper wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

Plenty with 3 years...I believe a bunch of the former gmatclub people here have 3 or 4 years. However, there is a very small percentage of students with 2 years (probably only like 3 to 5%). Less than 2 probably 1 or none...maybe a few people with advanced degrees and no real fulltime work experience.

Oh really ! I had a perception that having 2.5 Yrs WE currently was one of the reasons for a ding.

Anyways, river any clue how many of those 3 years would be international students...? Just curious lets say 10 % out of 485 are with 3 yrs of work exp...so how many out of those would be international candidates 1-2 % ?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 00:37
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
riverripper wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

Oh really ! I had a perception that having 2.5 Yrs WE currently was one of the reasons for a ding.

Anyways, river any clue how many of those 3 years would be international students...? Just curious lets say 10 % out of 485 are with 3 yrs of work exp...so how many out of those would be international candidates 1-2 % ?

No clue man...they dont break down the numbers like that down. All I know for numbers are what are published and from my personal observations. I could go through the students lists but that would take forever. Just judging by gut feel I think it matches up along with the normal student body. I know two indians who only had 2 years work experience and I know a white boy from chicago with 2 years. I would say that 35% to 40% would be internationals...and 35% or so would also be females.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 04:09
2 years WE admit here.

Clint

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 06:06
Nicely done. That give me hope for my app. I have two years WE as well.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 06:35
riverripper wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
[quote="riverripper

No clue man...they dont break down the numbers like that down. All I know for numbers are what are published and from my personal observations. I could go through the students lists but that would take forever. Just judging by gut feel I think it matches up along with the normal student body. I know two indians who only had 2 years work experience and I know a white boy from chicago with 2 years. I would say that 35% to 40% would be internationals...and 35% or so would also be females.[/quote]

Thanks River !! Time to move on for me :)

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:29
Man I hope I get an admit from Kellogg before x-mas so I can drink twice as much over the holidays. Actually, a decision either way would put my mind to rest.

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

Schools: Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:36
Guys.

I am a ding.

Man down. Im actually a bit upset. It hurts.

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:38
looks like they are pretty active today.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:50
irishspring wrote:
Man down. Im actually a bit upset. It hurts.

Keep your head up irish... sorry to hear that the ding came in.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg Darden, HBS, Stanford, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 09:55
Sorry to hear about your ding irishspring, but good to know you already have a couple of really great schools in hand!

It seems like the adcom typically sends out online/email rejections throughout the workday, but only makes acceptance phonecalls in the afternoon. Does this seem to be accurate? I know it really doesn't make a difference, I'll hear when they want me to, but I can't help fretting over when to expect what I want to hear :P

Cheers
F13

Current Student

Schools: Michigan

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:07
I would really like to hear something soon, so far haven't heard anything from any of my interviews. Just in the dark.

I have a feeling its going to be waitlist @ Kellogg, not sure if I showed enough love in my essays :-D .

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 1

Schools: HBS(08) - Ding. HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, Tuck, Stern, all dings. Yale - Withdrew App. Emory Executive -- Accepted, Matriculated, Withdrewed (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). ROSS -- GO BLUE 2011.

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:43
A dingo just ate my Kellogg app.

Denied -- 740 / Military Academy / All-American athlete / owned and grew a business to 1/4 million dollars (while working full time)/ loads of non-profit / presidential award (persoanlly presented by the president) / brand management fast track with no MBA / underrepresented minority (e.g. black guy) and of course... drumroll.... 36 years old.

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:49
RahlowJenkins wrote:

Denied -- 740 / Military Academy / All-American athlete / owned and grew a business to 1/4 million dollars (while working full time)/ loads of non-profit / presidential award (persoanlly presented by the president) / brand management fast track with no MBA / underrepresented minority (e.g. black guy) and of course... drumroll.... 36 years old.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you would have really contributed alot to Kellogg! Good luck with the rest of your apps!

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:49
RahlowJenkins wrote:

Rahlow - impressive profile! I am sure one of your other apps will come through!

Current Student

Schools: Michigan

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:55
RahlowJenkins wrote:

Wow. I got the presidential academic fitness award in 5th grade :).

Signed by the President, and Arnold (before he became the gov...).

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:58
nomsg7111 wrote:
RahlowJenkins wrote:

I got that too!

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 12:10
nomsg7111 wrote:

Me three. I wrote about it in my essays!

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 14:36
eerily quiet on the admit side...saving the best for last perhaps? :D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2008, 14:40
Oh man I am stuck at the airport waiting to catch a flight to chicago, and am looking at a 4 hour delay or worse. No call yet, and I can't sign on to website from my blackberry! I need my f5 fix!

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2008, 14:40

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  69   70   71   72   73  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap