GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2019, 04:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all LBS MiM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all LBS MiM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 23:33

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all LBS MiM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 23:36
Welcome all LBS Master in Management (MiM) applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 23:43
We request all applicants to add LBS MiM program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2018'.

Attachment:
LBS_MiM.png
LBS_MiM.png [ 158.42 KiB | Viewed 9358 times ]

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 23:44
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 23:46
Reserved Post.

Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MiM"18 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 09:55
Hello,

I applied to LBS MiM in round 1 and got shortlisted for an interview. I am doing my interview on Thursday (in 2 days) with an alumnus in Orlando, Florida.

Do you guys have any tips for me? What are the chances of being offered a place in the program after you get shortlisted for the interview?

My GMAT is 710 (49Q 38V) and have a 3.95/4.0 GPA. Actuarial internship experience back home in Canada.

Kind Regards,
Laurent
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MiM"18 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 07:20
Hi all! Noticed there aren't many posts in this thread! I just received my interview invite on Friday (25th) but haven't received any other info about my interview - anyone else in the same boat?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2016, 05:59
Hi guys! I have my interview in 2 days I am very nervous!
Looking forward to meeting you all (hopefully) next September 1!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2016, 10:56
sophie522 wrote:

Hey Sophie! When did you get the email saying that you got shortlisted for an interview? I got an email saying I was shortlisted on Friday (Nov 25) but still haven't received any information about when it will be

Has anyone else not heard yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 09:43
marissa678 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

Hey Sophie! When did you get the email saying that you got shortlisted for an interview? I got an email saying I was shortlisted on Friday (Nov 25) but still haven't received any information about when it will be

You should hear back in a few days! It took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me:)
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MiM"18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 06:15
sophie522 wrote:
marissa678 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

You should hear back in a few days! It took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me:)

Hey Sophie! Just submitted my application. Any idea how long it takes the ad-com to communicate initial review decisions?
They say its 25 days, but I heard its much sooner than that. Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:04
Vignesh94 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

You should hear back in a few days! It took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me:)[/quote]

Hey Sophie! Just submitted my application. Any idea how long it takes the ad-com to communicate initial review decisions?
They say its 25 days, but I heard its much sooner than that. Fingers crossed.[/quote]

Hi Vignes94 :)
It took them 2.5 weeks to get back to me about the initial decision, the more you go in the year, the longer is takes because the amount of applications increase, but you are still early on! I guess it depends on when the school closes for the winter holidays...so you may have to wait until early January if it's soon. Otherwise maybe late December :) !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 13:51
sophie522 wrote:

Hey Sophie! How was your interview? What type of questions did they ask? Hope it went well!
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 02:48
All the best marissa678, sophie522, and Vignesh94 for your interviews/final decisions. Congrats laurent777 on admit!

If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for this thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2016, 03:41
marissa678 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

Hey Sophie! How was your interview? What type of questions did they ask? Hope it went well!

HI Marissa! It's very relaxed (in my experience) and very tailored to your application, so make sure you can back up everything you wrote! It's competency based so no need to prepare a case study or anything like that, but be yourself!
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
London Business School MiM Essay Questions, Tips & Deadlines  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2016, 02:01

The London Business School Masters in Management application essay questions indicate that the adcom values and seeks applicants who have self-understanding and the ability to reflect, self-reflect, and self-critique. For people who are just starting their careers and don’t yet have a lot of real-world experience to draw from, these qualities will facilitate their gaining the most from the program and charting an appropriate path forward.

The LBS MiM essay questions also reflect the program’s requirements for strong communication skills. They require you not just to cite facts but to express ideas, evaluate qualitative factors, and draw insights.

Question 1: How will the Masters in Management or Global MiM help you grow academically, professionally and personally? (600 words maximum)

A simple and sensible approach to this essay is to break it into the three sections per the question – academic growth, professional growth, and personal growth. To make the essay engaging and compelling, you must include relevant detail on each topic.

For each of the three sections:

• Identify 1-3 specific, meaningful ways you hope to grow through attending the LBS MiM program. For most people, the professional growth will be the largest section (the sections need not all be of equal length) – and it should include some discussion of your goals.

• Identify specific aspects of the program that will facilitate or enable that growth.

In addition, in some sections (particularly academic and professional), it can be helpful to include a mention of something you’ve already done or achieved, to show a progression. Doing this also allows you to highlight an impressive or distinctive experience that you want to bring to the adcom’s eye.

Question 2: How will you impact the London Business School community? (400 words max)

This question is a great opportunity to differentiate yourself and spotlight important accomplishments. Having an impact means contributing based on what you have done, experienced, and/or learned (and, sometimes, endured…). To identify the best topics, consider drawing from your work or internship experience, personal interests, academic experience, distinctive or unusual aspects of your background, etc. Most people will do best by discussing 2-4 topics, for each topic describing the experience you’re drawing from and then explaining – in specific terms – how it will allow you to contribute to the LBS community.

Question 3 (Global MiM applicants only): Global MiM applicants will be required to complete an additional video essay component of the application via Kira Academic. You will receive the details of how to access your video questions via Kira within one week of submitting your application. If you do not receive the instructions within this timescale please contact us. Please note your application will not be considered complete until the video portion of your application has been submitted.

If you aren’t accustomed to doing video presentations, put some effort into visual elements like background and lighting. Keep the background simple, clean, and uncluttered. Have the light behind the camera and shining on you. Dress professionally. Also, practice – make up some sample/test questions and practice answering into a video camera, so that when the time comes you’re comfortable talking to the camera and can respond succinctly and engagingly. Oh, and remember to smile!

Deadlines:

Cindy Tokumitsu, has advised hundreds of successful applicants, helping them gain acceptance to top MBA and EMBA, master, law, PhD and medical programs,with special emphasis on MBA and EMBA and other business programs in her 15+ years with Accepted. She would love to help you too. Click here to get in touch!

Related Resources:

College Students, Recent Grads Interested in Business: London is Calling! [Episode 180]
Jumpstart Your Business Career with a Masters in Management Program
The Scoop on the London Business School Masters in Management Program

This article originally appeared on blog.accepted.com.

Applying to a top b-school? The talented folks at Accepted have helped hundreds of applicants get accepted to their dream programs. Whether you are figuring out where apply, writing your application essays, or prepping for your interviews, we are just a call (or click) away.

Contact us, and get matched up with the consultant who will help you get accepted!

Listen to Admissions Straight Talk for interviews with admissions directors, MBAs, test prep pros, and financial aid sources.
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MiM"18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 06:53
sophie522 wrote:
Vignesh94 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

They say its 25 days, but I heard its much sooner than that. Fingers crossed.[/quote]

It took them 2.5 weeks to get back to me about the initial decision, the more you go in the year, the longer is takes because the amount of applications increase, but you are still early on! I guess it depends on when the school closes for the winter holidays...so you may have to wait until early January if it's soon. Otherwise maybe late December :) ![/quote]

Thank you for that, Sophie :)
I hope I get a call soon enough. Btw, how did your interview go?
I'm sure you nailed it!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 07:25
Vignesh94 wrote:
sophie522 wrote:

It took them 2.5 weeks to get back to me about the initial decision, the more you go in the year, the longer is takes because the amount of applications increase, but you are still early on! I guess it depends on when the school closes for the winter holidays...so you may have to wait until early January if it's soon. Otherwise maybe late December :) !

Thank you for that, Sophie :)
I hope I get a call soon enough. Btw, how did your interview go?
I'm sure you nailed it!

I think it went well :) It's a relaxed process and the alumni seemed quite happy with my answers.. I should find out next Wednesday I guess, thanks! You'll hear back soon!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 09:43
sophie522 Was your interviewer an alumni from the industry that you are interested in working in? I have my interview tomorrow! So nervous!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 11:33
marissa678 wrote:
sophie522 Was your interviewer an alumni from the industry that you are interested in working in? I have my interview tomorrow! So nervous!

She was not exactly in the field I am interested in, but we had quite a few similarities in our CV! Just be yourself!
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all LBS MiM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2016, 11:33

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 23 posts ] 

Calling all LBS MiM Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Arro44