GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 23:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 15:20
1
Hi guys, I received my admit via phone on 10/28.

Here is the complete timeline:
10/1: Application submitted
10/2: Application received confirmation email
10/4: Application complete notification email
10/11: Invited for interview
10/17: Interviewed on campus with Patti Russo
10/28: Admitted. Notified via phone and received email later.

Congratulations to other admitted students and good luck to all applicants.
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 15:27
AJ02 wrote:
Hi guys, I received my admit via phone on 10/28.

Here is the complete timeline:
10/1: Application submitted
10/2: Application received confirmation email
10/4: Application complete notification email
10/11: Invited for interview
10/17: Interviewed on campus with Patti Russo
10/28: Admitted. Notified via phone and received email later.

Congratulations to other admitted students and good luck to all applicants.


Congratulations!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 10:12
Hello,
This is Avinash. I request help from the members to please evaluate my profile for Weekend MBA Ross.

Work exp 8+ years working in Automotive field.
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 3.89 GPA from Univ of Michigan, Dearborn
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 75% from JNTU afflitiated college
I have few awards, 4 published papers/journals and also an going patent.
I've done lot of other extra cirricular work. I was a Vice President for an Indian student organisation @ U of M dearborn.
My previous GMAT score was 590.

Please let me know if i have to retake my GMAT or 590 is good enough for my score? I am planning to apply for 2020 weekend MBA at Ross school of business.
Thanks in advance.
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 11:06
slayera6 wrote:
Hello,
This is Avinash. I request help from the members to please evaluate my profile for Weekend MBA Ross.

Work exp 8+ years working in Automotive field.
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 3.89 GPA from Univ of Michigan, Dearborn
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 75% from JNTU afflitiated college
I have few awards, 4 published papers/journals and also an going patent.
I've done lot of other extra cirricular work. I was a Vice President for an Indian student organisation @ U of M dearborn.
My previous GMAT score was 590.

Please let me know if i have to retake my GMAT or 590 is good enough for my score? I am planning to apply for 2020 weekend MBA at Ross school of business.
Thanks in advance.


I know someone with 590 gotten into Ross Weekend program.

Ross will be more concerned about your Quant score - if its above 50 percentile (~44/51), you should be good to go.

Edit: Just saw you have a 48 on Quant.
Go ahead and apply; I am sure you will get in. Hurry up though! Deadline is approaching fast.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 11:19
Thank you for the reply. :)
INSEAD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2435
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 14:20
ambera33 was this person Indian? What was the rest of their profile like in terms of academics quant and otherwise? I really caution people to think of themselves as the exception not the rule always always think of yourself as a rule. Just knowing somebody who achieved it certainly does not apply to all cases. I just want to make sure that people avoid disappointment by thinking this way.

ambera33 wrote:
slayera6 wrote:
Hello,
This is Avinash. I request help from the members to please evaluate my profile for Weekend MBA Ross.

Work exp 8+ years working in Automotive field.
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 3.89 GPA from Univ of Michigan, Dearborn
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 75% from JNTU afflitiated college
I have few awards, 4 published papers/journals and also an going patent.
I've done lot of other extra cirricular work. I was a Vice President for an Indian student organisation @ U of M dearborn.
My previous GMAT score was 590.

Please let me know if i have to retake my GMAT or 590 is good enough for my score? I am planning to apply for 2020 weekend MBA at Ross school of business.
Thanks in advance.


I know someone with 590 gotten into Ross Weekend program.

Ross will be more concerned about your Quant score - if its above 50 percentile (~44/51), you should be good to go.

Edit: Just saw you have a 48 on Quant.
Go ahead and apply; I am sure you will get in. Hurry up though! Deadline is approaching fast.


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 14:43
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
ambera33 was this person Indian? What was the rest of their profile like in terms of academics quant and otherwise? I really caution people to think of themselves as the exception not the rule always always think of yourself as a rule. Just knowing somebody who achieved it certainly does not apply to all cases. I just want to make sure that people avoid disappointment by thinking this way.

ambera33 wrote:
slayera6 wrote:
Hello,
This is Avinash. I request help from the members to please evaluate my profile for Weekend MBA Ross.

Work exp 8+ years working in Automotive field.
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 3.89 GPA from Univ of Michigan, Dearborn
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 75% from JNTU afflitiated college
I have few awards, 4 published papers/journals and also an going patent.
I've done lot of other extra cirricular work. I was a Vice President for an Indian student organisation @ U of M dearborn.
My previous GMAT score was 590.

Please let me know if i have to retake my GMAT or 590 is good enough for my score? I am planning to apply for 2020 weekend MBA at Ross school of business.
Thanks in advance.


I know someone with 590 gotten into Ross Weekend program.

Ross will be more concerned about your Quant score - if its above 50 percentile (~44/51), you should be good to go.

Edit: Just saw you have a 48 on Quant.
Go ahead and apply; I am sure you will get in. Hurry up though! Deadline is approaching fast.


Posted from my mobile device


You are right; I shouldn't generalize admissions on the basis of GMAT score.

I only wanted to mention, that while speaking with ROSS on a low GMAT score (I incidentally have exact 590 last year around this time), they stressed about the Quant score and if it falls > 50 percentile, were encouraging me to apply. I chose not to apply though and worked on my GMAT instead.

To answer your question, yes, this other person with 590 & Ross admitted was Indian and had a good amount of work experience.
Sia Admissions Representative
User avatar
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Joined: 04 Jan 2018
Posts: 620
Location: United States (NY)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 15:42
Hi slayera6,

Thank you for your post and for sharing yoour profile. With a 590 GMAT (lower end of the class average spectrum), you will definitely require a strong case and an excellent narrative. I welcome getting to know your background further and help you leverage your experiences to maximize success. You can take advantage of our free 30-min consultation. If you are interested, please reach out using this link.

Good luck!

Susan

slayera6 wrote:
Hello,
This is Avinash. I request help from the members to please evaluate my profile for Weekend MBA Ross.

Work exp 8+ years working in Automotive field.
MSME in Mechanical Engineering with 3.89 GPA from Univ of Michigan, Dearborn
B.Tech in Mechanical engineering with 75% from JNTU afflitiated college
I have few awards, 4 published papers/journals and also an going patent.
I've done lot of other extra cirricular work. I was a Vice President for an Indian student organisation @ U of M dearborn.
My previous GMAT score was 590.

Please let me know if i have to retake my GMAT or 590 is good enough for my score? I am planning to apply for 2020 weekend MBA at Ross school of business.
Thanks in advance.

_________________
Susan Berishaj
Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996
website: http://www.SiaAdmissions.com

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 09:27
Application submitted 11/24/2019
_________________
What I am going to say next, is embarrassing for me, to say the least
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 09:38
layeredcake wrote:
Application submitted 11/24/2019


Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 16:05
ambera33 wrote:
layeredcake wrote:
Application submitted 11/24/2019


Good Luck!


Thank you!
Do you know the turn around time?
I am guessing, whether i get accepted for an interview or not, I should receive an email withing a week or two?
_________________
What I am going to say next, is embarrassing for me, to say the least
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 16:10
layeredcake wrote:
ambera33 wrote:
layeredcake wrote:
Application submitted 11/24/2019


Good Luck!


Thank you!
Do you know the turn around time?
I am guessing, whether i get accepted for an interview or not, I should receive an email withing a week or two?


For me, it was around 10 days after I submitted application when I got the interview invite; and final result within a week of interview.

However one of my friend recently had an interview and Patty (weekend admissions coordinator) mentioned that she will take some more time than usual for the results as most of the exam committee members are away due to thanksgiving.

So I guess, just hold tight till you hear back !:)

Btw, mind sharing your profile here ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 19:23
Sure...
Aerospace Engineer- TL; WE 117; GMAT 670 (Q45, V37).
_________________
What I am going to say next, is embarrassing for me, to say the least
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 19:28
layeredcake wrote:
Sure...
Aerospace Engineer- TL; WE 117; GMAT 670 (Q45, V37).



Looks good! All the best.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 19:34
ambera33 wrote:
layeredcake wrote:
Sure...
Aerospace Engineer- TL; WE 117; GMAT 670 (Q45, V37).



Looks good! All the best.

Posted from my mobile device


I see your profile says Booth 22, did you apply yet? Did you prefer Ross over Booth?
_________________
What I am going to say next, is embarrassing for me, to say the least
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 19:36
layeredcake wrote:
ambera33 wrote:
layeredcake wrote:
Sure...
Aerospace Engineer- TL; WE 117; GMAT 670 (Q45, V37).



Looks good! All the best.

Posted from my mobile device


I see your profile says Booth 22, did you apply yet? Did you prefer Ross over Booth?


I had applied to both Booth and Ross and got into both luckily.

Still haven’t made the final decision on which one to goto.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 13:34
That is awesome; I' am considering applying to Booth, however for the Autumn Quarter (hopefully with a better score), as I am not sure how driving down to Chicago every weekend would work out for me.
_________________
What I am going to say next, is embarrassing for me, to say the least
Moderator - Part Time MBA Programs
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Location: United States (MI)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 13:51
layeredcake wrote:
That is awesome; I' am considering applying to Booth, however for the Autumn Quarter (hopefully with a better score), as I am not sure how driving down to Chicago every weekend would work out for me.


670 is a good score to apply for the weekend program. I would encourage you o apply for the Spring quarter which starts in March and application deadline in Jan 1st week.

The autumn quarter has some restriction for the Civil Program - I am not aware of this much, but its good to be sure of applying eligibility here.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2019
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 22:52
Nice information thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2019
Posts: 1
Location: United States (MI)
GRE 1: Q163 V155
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 13:56
3
Just got the call that I was admitted. Below is my timeline:

Here is my complete timeline:
11/4: Application submitted
11/5: Application received confirmation email
11/8: Application complete notification email
11/13: Invited for interview
11/19: Interviewed on campus with Patti Russo
12/2: Admitted. Notified via phone
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2019, 13:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Ross Evening/Weekend MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne