GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 11:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 13:52
Hi All,

I want to share my experience while studying at St gallen mba.
Currently i am a student of their 2018 batch. I joined their program last year with big dreams.
Their admission process is very lenient. There is 80% chances of your selection to the course.
I went for this university because of their good location, multi cultural class profile and good placement history.

While on campus i have realized few things as under:
1. Things are not cheap here. You need to have very deep pockets to survive for 1 hr in Switzerland, believe me the cost of living is way higher than shown on internet.
2. The class is good. I am studying with people from diverse background however their career section is not helpful, particularly for non europeans.
3. Job prospects are not good for non eu citizens in Switzerland . You realize this from the very first day. I have no idea how the university publishes the employment history but as per my knowledge and discussion with previous year students, the percentage of students getting jobs in Switzerland should be less than 20%.
4. Read the visa rules carefully before applying because post completion of course you will have 6 months to find a job, which is difficult for non eu citizens.

If you want to study in a beautiful country then st gallen is very likely your type of university

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 14:10
Harneet1993 wrote:
Hey guys, I am thinking of applying to st Gallen MBA starting in 2019 but funding is a big issue for me. Please can you tell me what if the uni offers any scholarships at MBA level and if they are substantial enough to cover most of your tuition?

Hi Harneet. If funding is an issue then I recommend not to go for St gallen. The things you see on their website does not work as it shows.
I got admission into their 2018 batch very easily(even after giving some wrong answers during interview).
I was hoping to apply for half of my fee via student loan program. They asked a lot of documents regarding my salary, investment, bank accounts. As per my understanding loans are given on the basis of your current salary and your future earnings potential, but that is not the case with St gallen.
My current salary was thrice the amount of loan installment which i asked of. I got a reply from university that my loan cannot be approved since i donot have consistent savings in my account. In short they want that atlest double the amount of installment should have been saved in bank account for the last three years.
If i would have been saving consistently then i would not have required a loan. I discussed this with other applicants as well and found that similar was the case with all of them. The sole purpose is to reject your loan application on whatsoever grounds.
If you can arrange for your fee outside of university then only think of applying to this university. Else its a waste of time, effort and money.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2018, 14:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

Calling all St. Gallen MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status