It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 00:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 22:02
Gents, again: people always try to spot some "pattern" in the delay of answers, etc. I guess it's a way of relieving stress. But I'm practically certain there is none. So no point in debating about it... (sorry to insult half of the posts in this topic :-D )

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 08:29
Got an invite today... Have a long way again to go... Good luck to everyone waiting !!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 14:13
I received an interview invite today. Does anyone know if Wharton puts extra weight on adcom vs. alum interview?

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 166 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 14:43
pguard wrote:
I received an interview invite today. Does anyone know if Wharton puts extra weight on adcom vs. alum interview?

No difference.

In general, you can just use the search function or read back in this thread to get any of these general questions answered, as a lot of these questions have been discussed multiple times already (by the R1ers).

Kudos [?]: 166 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: columbia, kellogg, hbs, wharton, yale

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 17:54
I received an invite today. phew.

Does anyone from R1 have any experience as a HCM applicant and what this additional interview is about/for? I have a healthcare background, but if this is some test to understand my vocab skills in health terminology, I might be in a lot of trouble. :(

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 18:37
Zoemoe wrote:
I received an invite today. phew.

Does anyone from R1 have any experience as a HCM applicant and what this additional interview is about/for? I have a healthcare background, but if this is some test to understand my vocab skills in health terminology, I might be in a lot of trouble. :(

The additional interview is just a conversation with the HCM program assoc director. There's no test or anything, lol. I think if you search through some of the earlier pages, you can read the interview recaps.

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 248 [0], given: 13

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 20:46
Hey congrats guys !!! It would be great if u can share , when did ur application went complete . Mine went complete on the 27th jan .. So I believe I still have some chance ...

Kudos [?]: 248 [0], given: 13

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 21:29
sudhir18n wrote:
Hey congrats guys !!! It would be great if u can share , when did ur application went complete . Mine went complete on the 27th jan .. So I believe I still have some chance ...

Mine went complete on 26 or 27 Jan

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS 2011

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 02:00
Still waiting, mine took a quite a qhile to click through to complete, but i didn't note the exact date because i figured i'm not the obsessive angsty type.... that's not quite working out as planned...

I'm pretty much resigned to the ding now, this process is horrible.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg (ding), Harvard(WL), Wharton

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 06:54
Just got an interview invite this morning. Not sure when my application went complete, but I submitted about 2 hours before the deadline.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 06:54
Just finished my interview with alumni. Interviewer was very nice, asked the usual

walk me through your resume

what do you define as success ?

when did you have ethical dilemnas ?

when did you compromise your values ?

why now ? especially in the context of the global crisis..

and that was it.. not quite sure how it went..walked out feeling it was quite a weak interview.. interviewer did mention that this year, the number of applicants was much higher..and that she was doing a lot more interviews than last year..not quite sure what that means.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 11:13
I just received an interview invitation this morning -- timestamped around 8:50 AM.

I scheduled it for an upcoming Thursday at 2:15 PM... but I just realized that it's supposed to last until 3:45?!? Is that a typo? Do they mean 2:45?

(I noticed a few typos in the registration process...?)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 3

Schools: HBS Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 11:45
Atlantic wrote:
Still waiting, mine took a quite a qhile to click through to complete, but i didn't note the exact date because i figured i'm not the obsessive angsty type.... that's not quite working out as planned...

I'm pretty much resigned to the ding now, this process is horrible.

Don't give up hope man. There is a week left - both of us still have a shot! It's not over until 5PM on the 19th.

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invite so far! Seems like GClub is having a great showing in R2! :)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 17:21
mikenyc wrote:
I just received an interview invitation this morning -- timestamped around 8:50 AM.

I scheduled it for an upcoming Thursday at 2:15 PM... but I just realized that it's supposed to last until 3:45?!? Is that a typo? Do they mean 2:45?

Could be but strange in my hub all interview durations are for 45 mins i.e. acc to my hub it should be till 3:00 PM. What kind of interview have you scheduled and where ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 20:09
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
mikenyc wrote:

Could be but strange in my hub all interview durations are for 45 mins i.e. acc to my hub it should be till 3:00 PM. What kind of interview have you scheduled and where ?

On-campus...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 23:38
For those of you interviewing on campus, send a pm if you want to meet and have a chat beforehand.

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 09:27
Hey guys,

So I'm considering applying to Wharton Round 3 and wanted to get some input as to whether or not I have any chance of get accepted.

My basic stats are 25M/Australian-American/3WE (2 owning a tech company)/720/3.5 from top undergrad. I applied to Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and UCLA Round 1. I got interviews at all four and ended up getting rejected at H/S and accepted at the other two.

Given the fact that I got rejected from H/S in what's supposed to be the easiest round, is there any chance that I'll get into Wharton this late in the game? I would have applied Round 1 but really didn't look into Wharton until recently and just now realize what a great program it is.

I guess I'm just ranting and putting my thoughts down in writing. Anyway, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 16:56
I would absolutely suggest you apply.. especially considering you have the experience from Rd 1. I have a couple of friends who are fairly average that were accepted in Rd 3 in the last couple years.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: HBS Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 17:03
syd999 wrote:
I would absolutely suggest you apply.. especially considering you have the experience from Rd 1. I have a couple of friends who are fairly average that were accepted in Rd 3 in the last couple years.

I finally found somebody who is applying to the same exact schools as myself! Good luck with the W interview syd! I am still crossing my fingers for an invite. :(

Intern
Intern

Schools: Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 18:43
any idea what % of invites are sent out in the last 48 hrs? looking back at the R1, i saw someone got his invite in the last 10-15 min....that's crazy...only 4more days left, and 50% of gmat clubers got the invite so far..... :beat

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2009, 18:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  67    Next  [ 1339 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap