Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink]
sigity wrote:
thanks for the support guys...i hope you are right.

but i swore I wouldn't turn it on till 5, so I can concentrate at work (obviously, that hasn't worked).

Hey if you don't turn it back on, how would you know how much scholly you get?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: finance
Schools:University of Chicago, Stanford
 Q51  V46
Send PM
i am happy for everyone who got in but sad for myself....so I guess there is no hope left for those of us in the US...I thought I read somewhere that they said they might not be able to get to everyone before the deadline.....i so hope thats true
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
sigity wrote:
thanks for the support guys...i hope you are right.

but i swore I wouldn't turn it on till 5, so I can concentrate at work (obviously, that hasn't worked).

Sigity don't lose hope - but turn on your phone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Solid showing by GMATclub today! Congrats to all who got in! Gotta get my app in for R2!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i turned it on...

no dice.

congrats to everyone who got in - enjoy a great school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
So how does it work from here? Is there absolutely no hope if you haven't heard anything or is there still a chance? (assuming you were right by your phone all the time and they probably did not try to call and just missed you).

It's 1:15 am over here, so I am going to go to sleep. Looks like I will not be fortunate enough to have to choose between two of the best schools in the world, but I am delighted with the cards I was dealt (Kellogg).

Congratulations to everyone who got in. You are a fantastic bunch and I know you are headed for the best two years in your life! See you at the joint events that I heard they have:)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q49  V36
Send PM
I am in!

Just got the email saying that they would call me at a specific time due to the time difference!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
krispy wrote:
I am in!

Just got the email saying that they would call me at a specific time due to the time difference!

Congrats!!! Very happy for you.

Regarding the notification process, anyone share my perspective that making calls throughout the day before D-day is a cruel way of informing applicants of the decision? This isn't bitterness talking - it's just a sincere opinion that they should reconsider their process. Having to wait all day while others get calls is tortuous. I would imagine this is true even for those who get calls, particularly when they come late in the day. My guess is that they prefer to call before decisions are released simply because they think it adds a nice personal touch, which it certainly does. But it also adds an enormous amount of unnecessary stress to all but the luckiest few applicants who get calls very early in the morning and don't have to wait. My sense is that most people would feel just as welcomed if they received their acceptances online on D-day. And it sure would make life easier for those who are denied. I'd still suggest that they make calls to admits (it's a nice touch), but I think they should do so after decisions are released.

Not bitter, not angry. Just a suggestion. I think it'd make things a lot more pleasant for everyone involved, both admits and dings.

Any thoughts on this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
I agree. However I'd also suggest that Kellogg tackles this issue first. Their calls over 1.5 month - that's cruel.

I must say that HBS seems to be leading the way this year: all decisions come at the same time + their interview notification (750 sent out) was by far the most transparent among M7.

OhThatMBA wrote:
krispy wrote:
I am in!

Regarding the notification process, anyone share my perspective that making calls throughout the day before D-day is a cruel way of informing applicants of the decision? This isn't bitterness talking - it's just a sincere opinion that they should reconsider their process. Having to wait all day while others get calls is tortuous. I would imagine this is true even for those who get calls, particularly when they come late in the day. My guess is that they prefer to call before decisions are released simply because they think it adds a nice personal touch, which it certainly does. But it also adds an enormous amount of unnecessary stress to all but the luckiest few applicants who get calls very early in the morning and don't have to wait. My sense is that most people would feel just as welcomed if they received their acceptances online on D-day. And it sure would make life easier for those who are denied. I'd still suggest that they make calls to admits (it's a nice touch), but I think they should do so after decisions are released.

Not bitter, not angry. Just a suggestion. I think it'd make things a lot more pleasant for everyone involved, both admits and dings.

Any thoughts on this?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
krispy wrote:
I am in!

Any thoughts on this?

I am bitter and angry and I will state that flat out. However, you have to realize that 90% of the applicant pool does not check sites like BW or GMATClub. They have no idea who is getting calls and who is not. They only know if they receive one or they don't. Otherwise, they get on with their lives. We don't make up the whole applicant pool.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
agold wrote:
OhThatMBA wrote:
krispy wrote:
I am in!

Any thoughts on this?

I am bitter and angry and I will state that flat out. However, you have to realize that 90% of the applicant pool does not check sites like BW or GMATClub. They have no idea who is getting calls and who is not. They only know if they receive one or they don't. Otherwise, they get on with their lives. We don't make up the whole applicant pool.

That's a good point. Ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to understanding Booth's process.

Agree about HBS - I think they've found a good approach. Wharton as well. When the denial comes, it's clear and quick. No hanging you by a thread.

And don't get me wrong, I'm certainly bitter. Haha. I just don't think my bitterness is influencing my perspective on how Booth handles notifications. I've had this opinion for the past several weeks and wasn't looking forward to experiencing today, regardless of the outcome.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton '11
Send PM
agold wrote:
OhThatMBA wrote:
krispy wrote:
I am in!

Any thoughts on this?

I think it is cruel. I really don't like it and almost had a heart attack. There must be a better way... HBS's way is alright thought, the "you can get an interview invite until the very last day" isn't amazing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
is that it guys for people who did not get the calls?
wow this really is heartbreaking, hours and hours ..... of preparation, applied to 4 schools, nothing panned out.
i have to seriously think about my application before i attempt the next one.
congrats to people who got in. i envy you but very happy for you.

jeez, i simply cannot think of one more year of job. i was already dreaming about getting to a school in 2009.
i just can't seem to get over my misery
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Congratulations to all who got in! No call for me, but I'm international, so I guess there's a shred of hope. Ah well, on to R2...
Intern
Intern
Schools:R1: Chicago, Kellogg, Wharton, HBS, MIT
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Got the congrats call today as well. Added my profile to the profile thread. :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
Definitely a good sweep for Gmatclub yesterday. Congratulations on the admits to all members, especially those who showed their passion for the school over the last months (ac, soni, terp26 come to mind).

I am close to those who did not (yet) get the yearned-for call. Hold your head high, agold, you will be fine in the end.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
milindd wrote:
is that it guys for people who did not get the calls?
wow this really is heartbreaking, hours and hours ..... of preparation, applied to 4 schools, nothing panned out.
i have to seriously think about my application before i attempt the next one.
congrats to people who got in. i envy you but very happy for you.

jeez, i simply cannot think of one more year of job. i was already dreaming about getting to a school in 2009.
i just can't seem to get over my misery

Don't give up just yet. I would imagine that at the least there is still hope of being on the waitlist. Can someone confirm this?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  95