Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Can having a high Master's GPA offset a low gpa from college (3.28) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi bennytapper,
(Side note-- fyi MentorTutoring is not affiliated with mbaMission, though this is an mbaMission-specific board!).
Schools do look at your application and profile holistically... so certainly doing well during a masters degree is a plus vs not having that masters or not doing well during it. And as makes sense, a tougher and/or more quantitative masters with strong grades will look even more positive. Yes the undergrad GPA is still reported and a statistic cited in rankings and class profiles etc, so it cannot be erased... really depends upon the caliber of schools you apply to, and the competition i.e. other applicants that year, and other elements of your profile, on how much of a hindrance that might be. Certainly nailing the GMAT or GRE can really help demonstrate your likelihood of excelling academically in the program! Finally, since you mentioned that you are currently doing your masters, not sure when you are thinking about b-school and whether you are full time or part time currently... but if doing a full time masters, you may wish to gain some additional experience afterwards before applying to the MBA... for a more holistic profile review and resume look, feel free to register for a free 30 minute consultation with us at any point if interested, at www.mbamission.com/consult.
Good luck to you!
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6857 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Re: Can having a high Master's GPA offset a low gpa from college (3.28) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I did not mean to step on anyone's toes. Sometimes I just respond to unanswered questions, and I did so in this instance without taking note of the fact that the question had been submitted in an mbaMission sub-forum. I offered an honest opinion, nothing more, and I wish the original poster and Jen or other mbaMission affiliates all the best.

- Andrew
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
No worries Andrew, all good! ;) GMAT Club has just in the past asked that we tell them if another company is jumping in on our posts since they like to keep each company's posts separate, and also don't want the OP to mistakenly allocate someone else's advice to us in case it's not appropriate etc, though your points make sense overall !! Anyway thanks for the note and best wishes to you!
Moderator:
1452 posts