It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

can i choose five university after GMAT exam??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [3], given: 22

GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
GPA: 3.68
WE: Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
can i choose five university after GMAT exam?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 13:55
This post received
KUDOS
hi guys...i am gonna take exam after two week and choose universities after exam...can i choose those five universities to which GMAT will send score for free after exam???

Flying from shadow to the light

4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 65 [4], given: 16

Re: can i choose five university after GMAT exam?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 14:03
This post received
KUDOS
I think you have to do it before you take the actual test.

Time to play the game...

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
iamgame wrote:
I think you have to do it before you take the actual test.

and what about after exam...can i do it for free after exam?

4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 14:20
This post received
KUDOS
No. After the exam there is a charge of 35$ per university

Time to play the game...

5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [5], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 22:53
This post received
KUDOS
The guy at the testing center told me I could choose the schools after the exam, so I didn't plug in the school codes before starting. No big deal I thought. After a week of back and forth emails with GMAC, they told me that I would have pay to the $35 for each school regardless of what their 'testing center professional' told me. Pretty frustrating seeing that you get $175 worth of free reports if you choose your schools prior to starting. They also ended up acting like a bunch of assholes in their correspondence with me, which didn't help me feel any better about giving them an extra $70 for something I could have taken care of in 2 minutes before the exam.

If you don't know which schools you are going to apply to (I wasn't sure either), just pick the 5 most likely candidates and if you have to add a few later, so be it.

Kudos [?]: 11 [5], given: 0

4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [4], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2011, 23:16
This post received
KUDOS
sandfrog wrote:
The guy at the testing center told me I could choose the schools after the exam, so I didn't plug in the school codes before starting. No big deal I thought. After a week of back and forth emails with GMAC, they told me that I would have pay to the $35 for each school regardless of what their 'testing center professional' told me. Pretty frustrating seeing that you get $175 worth of free reports if you choose your schools prior to starting. They also ended up acting like a bunch of assholes in their correspondence with me, which didn't help me feel any better about giving them an extra $70 for something I could have taken care of in 2 minutes before the exam.

If you don't know which schools you are going to apply to (I wasn't sure either), just pick the 5 most likely candidates and if you have to add a few later, so be it.

thanks.. :) i have no idea, where i want to appy to...so i will try to choose prior to exam..

Kudos [?]: 18 [4], given: 22

4 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 957 [4], given: 114

Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2011, 21:46
This post received
KUDOS
Here's the best advice you will get:

PICK 5 SCHOOL'S on test day, regardless if you know where you want to go or not. You should pick the 5 most likely schools you'd like to attend. The reason for this is that those 5 choices are FREE on test day, but will cost you money per school anytime after test day. You will make you choices before the test, on your computer. These schools will not be sent official reports, instead they will only be granted access to your official reports. Sooooo if you end up applying they will have access, if you don't end up applying they will never take a look. It's as easy as that. Pick 5 schools on test day. If you don't pick 5 schools then you are wasting a free opportunity to make your score reports available to the schools you might attend.

There is absolutely no disadvantage to picking schools for this. And if you end up having to take the GMAT again, you can list those schools again.

I plan on only applying to 1 school? WHO CARES, PICK 5 SCHOOLS
I might take the test again... WHO CARES, PICK 5 SCHOOLS
But I'll just send them later... PICK 5 SCHOOLS, ITS FREE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR TEST
I don't know where I want to go... PICK 5 SCHOOLS ANYWAYS, YOU PROBABLY HAVE 5 IN MIND YOU MIGHT ATTEND

Get the gist?

GOOD LUCK :)

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 957 [4], given: 114

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2011, 02:27
GMATLA wrote:

PICK 5 SCHOOL'S on test day, regardless if you know where you want to go or not. You should pick the 5 most likely schools you'd like to attend. The reason for this is that those 5 choices are FREE on test day, but will cost you money per school anytime after test day. You will make you choices before the test, on your computer. These schools will not be sent official reports, instead they will only be granted access to your official reports. Sooooo if you end up applying they will have access, if you don't end up applying they will never take a look. It's as easy as that. Pick 5 schools on test day. If you don't pick 5 schools then you are wasting a free opportunity to make your score reports available to the schools you might attend.

There is absolutely no disadvantage to picking schools for this. And if you end up having to take the GMAT again, you can list those schools again.

But I'll just send them later... PICK 5 SCHOOLS, ITS FREE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR TEST
I don't know where I want to go... PICK 5 SCHOOLS ANYWAYS, YOU PROBABLY HAVE 5 IN MIND YOU MIGHT ATTEND

Get the gist?

thanks....I got it..

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 22

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2014, 12:51
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2014, 12:51
GMATLA wrote:

Get the gist?

you are awesome, just sayin

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Non-Human User

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2017, 08:41
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Re: can i choose five university after GMAT exam??   [#permalink] 03 Sep 2017, 08:41

can i choose five university after GMAT exam??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap