GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 24 Apr 2018, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can i go from 580 to 600+ ??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Can i go from 580 to 600+ ?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 16:12
Hello,
It is my first post in this forum and I would really appreciate your advice. I have been studying GMAT for two months with a tutor. I decided right before the start of my courses that I should take a test just to see where am I at. My initial score was 410 with quant being just a little worse than verbal. That score didn't shock me because I knew I lacked basic concepts ,and overall I was a mediocre student both at school and at university where I studied economics. Anyway , after a month I took the GMATPrep test again and scored 490 with a balanced improvement in both sections. After I finished my courses , I took 2 tests , the GMATPrep where I scored 580 and one from my tutor where I scored 600 although I feel that I could have done a little better on verbal section on both tests.
My main goal is to score above 600 . I want to take the test in February and I don't really know if it is possible . My strategy for the time remaining is to 1) finish the Manhattan books 2) review my tutor's material entirely 3) finish the OG's books with the help of gmatclub.
I feel very weak in combinatorics and geometry in quant. As for verbal, readings about science are almost always a time-consuming and failing section for me. Also, sentence correction is a part that could either go very good or very bad .Usually , I am good with probabilities and statistics and with a big part of critical reasoning.
I know that my goal may seem close at first but I have read that GMATprep tests are easier than the official tests and there is a deviation of 30-50 points. Thank you in advance
Intern
Intern
Re: Can i go from 580 to 600+ ?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 18:58
Hello, going from 580 to 600 is certainly possible. You need to map out the areas that are difficult for you and try to get a "feel" for them. Practice makes perfect.

Since you are starting from a relatively weak position, you need to churn those difficult mathematical concepts over and over until you become comfortable with them.

I would not advise going through the entire material - it may not be the best strategy. You just need to pull your weakest points to get to the level you want.

Best regards,
Ray

(I scored 750 on my GMAT)
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Can i go from 580 to 600+ ?? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 19:14
Frodoccino wrote:
I know that my goal may seem close at first but I have read that GMATprep tests are easier than the official tests and there is a deviation of 30-50 points. Thank you in advance
Don't think that your 580 is not representative. The GMATPrep tests are really quite good at predicting GMAT scores. It's just that they cannot account for the pressure test takers feel on test day.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Re: Can i go from 580 to 600+ ??   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2017, 19:14

Can i go from 580 to 600+ ??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap