It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 01:05
Hey
I am seriously , rather very seriously looking in for getting a full time MBA degree from one of these schools .
I have a strong profile with respect to a work experience of 8 and a half years in the largest public sector bank of India (State Bank of India)
My GPA is 4 and I was a university topper with honours in english.
Through my academic years , I have been the topper throughout , winning loads of awards and honors.

Professionally, I have had a very fast track promotion experience with 4 promotions in 8 years to being the youngest branch manager in the bank's history.
I also have to my credit 4 certifications from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance i.e JAIIB,CAIIB,KYC/AML and an insurance fecilitator. However my GMAT score is 600.

I am no more looking forward to retaking it , is there any scope of me getting through any of these schools?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 75

Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 04:59
Frankly, no, the test score would be a deal-breaker. Try the GRE, right now I'm working with someone who got a 6:20 of the GMAT and then went out and got 168 on the GRE which is the equivalent of 730. If you're absolutely opposed to any type of improvement in your standardized testing, then I would say to go for it Executive MBA where they do not require a GMAT score. So that would be Kellogg, Ross, Stern. If that's not feasible for you then maybe an online program life at UNC or IE might be the best choice. However the online programs require the GMAT that is higher than what you have as well. But to a far lesser degree than the schools mentioned.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 75

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2016, 05:40
ranjanarai wrote:
Hey
I am seriously , rather very seriously looking in for getting a full time MBA degree from one of these schools .
I have a strong profile with respect to a work experience of 8 and a half years in the largest public sector bank of India (State Bank of India)
My GPA is 4 and I was a university topper with honours in english.
Through my academic years , I have been the topper throughout , winning loads of awards and honors.

Professionally, I have had a very fast track promotion experience with 4 promotions in 8 years to being the youngest branch manager in the bank's history.
I also have to my credit 4 certifications from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance i.e JAIIB,CAIIB,KYC/AML and an insurance fecilitator. However my GMAT score is 600.

I am no more looking forward to retaking it , is there any scope of me getting through any of these schools?

Ranjanrai,

When you are very serious about a b-school, the GMAT is a small bottleneck in the process to reaching that school- atleast from the adcom's perspective. Several applicants land up taking the GMAT more than two times, so think more openly about it.

Moreover, you can apply to INSEAD just once in your lifetime, so make it your best attempt. Also beware, a huge number of Indians apply to INSEAD, NUS and NTU, so you will need to be competitive on more parameters.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2016, 05:40

Can I make it to INSEAD/NTU OR NUS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap