Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:29 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, weā€™ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 1438 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Can school see multiple GMAT FE scores? [#permalink]
MartyMurray wrote:
Ā­For the Focus Edition, schools see only scores you specifically send.Ā­

So, if you don't send the second score, schools won't see it.

Ā­Thanks for the swift response! I assume this does also mean that they will not know that I have taken the test multiple times?Ā Ā­
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Tjogge wrote:
If I have a GMAT FE score now (which I have not sent to the school yet) and take another attempt next week that turns out to be worse than my 1st attempt - will the school see that I have >1 attempts when I submit my score a few weeks later? Or will they only see my first (best) score and nothing else?

Appreciate the help!

Hi. Good question and unfortunately I have a bad answer for you šŸ˜¬

The simple answer is that schools cannot see GMAT focus score that was not shared with them. So if you get a lower score next week, and you donā€™t share it, they will not see it or know that you have it.

the complicated answer is that while schools do not see scores that are not shared with them, they often ask you on your application to list every single score. Chicago Booth did this and I believe Wharton as well at least in their previous applications. This creates a dilemma about sharing scores.

However, unless you get a much lower score, I think itā€™s totally fine. Nobody will be concerned about you getting 20 or 30 points below. However if you get a much lower score, you can always explain it with some life event that likely contributed to it.

This is the bad answer to a good question.
I think to summarize it, donā€™t worry about it.

Posted from my mobile device

Hmm, thanks. You should, of course, never lie, but would it be very morally wrong to fill that out now as "no" and then not update my application later if I get a worse score?Ā Ā 
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is not for me to decide. Everyone makes their decisions and lives with them. Do you want to have the pressure or risk šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I feel itā€™s a trap that has been created by lack of coordination between schools and GMAC. On one hand, one party tells you no one will ever know you took this test you can take it as much as you want and report the highest score. On the other hand, the other part tells you tell me all the scores you got. I just wanted you to be aware that some Programs, definitely not all, may put you into this dilemma. Often people learn about it too late.

You can also not apply to the schools that ask for all scores. Itā€™s not a large number. I should probably compile a list thatā€™s better than my memory.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
This is not for me to decide. Everyone makes their decisions and lives with them. Do you want to have the pressure or risk šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I feel itā€™s a trap that has been created by lack of coordination between schools and GMAC. On one hand, one party tells you no one will ever know you took this test you can take it as much as you want and report the highest score. On the other hand, the other part tells you tell me all the scores you got. I just wanted you to be aware that some Programs, definitely not all, may put you into this dilemma. Often people learn about it too late.

You can also not apply to the schools that ask for all scores. Itā€™s not a large number. I should probably compile a list thatā€™s better than my memory.

Ā­Fair point. I guess it is better to be truthful in the end so will stick to that. I also noted that GSB only ask for "have you taken the test more than once?", but don't ask me for the other scores =)
GMAT Club Bot