GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2019, 12:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 12:16
Hi all,

I am planning to apply to Columbia FT or J-Term program. Is it true you can you apply to these programs with an Executive Assessment score rather than the GMAT?? And if so, how much of a disadvantage does that put you at??

For reference, I scored a 160 on the EA, 3.1 gpa, and have 6 years of W/E. Any feedback or thoughts on my odds would be greatly appreciated!!!
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 12:26
Hi Thakidd

Thank you for your post. Indeed, you can apply to Columbia's August-term or J-Term with the Executive Assessment. Considering that the school accepts the test, providing an EA as opposed to GMAT or GRE will not hinder your application. Your profile will be viewed holistically, so your EA is only one piece of the evaluation process.

Your GPA is on the very low end of the class profile spectrum (middle 80% is 3.2-3.9), so be sure to emphasize other areas that make you stand out.

Good luck!

Susan

Thakidd wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to apply to Columbia FT or J-Term program. Is it true you can you apply to these programs with an Executive Assessment score rather than the GMAT?? And if so, how much of a disadvantage does that put you at??

For reference, I scored a 160 on the EA, 3.1 gpa, and have 6 years of W/E. Any feedback or thoughts on my odds would be greatly appreciated!!!

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
Re: Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2019, 12:40
Thanks much for your reply!

Do you know if EA 160 is considered a competitive score Columbia?
Sia Admissions Representative
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2019, 08:13
Hi Thakidd,

Happy to help!

A 160 EA is a competitive score provided the rest of your application is too. It's difficult to give more detail here, as I have very little information to go by. If you would like to discuss your profile and see if we can be of service, please reach out.

Thakidd wrote:
Thanks much for your reply!

Do you know if EA 160 is considered a competitive score Columbia?

+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2019, 13:03
Thakidd that is a decent score, and you should advance with confidence. I agree you should work to articulate leadership and contribution to make up for the poor grades; maybe speak to the GPA in the optional. Yes CBS takes the EA but are you putting all your eggs in that basket? Stern FT does as well now, but no others to my knowledge.

Thakidd wrote:
Hi all,

Re: Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2019, 13:03

Can you apply to Columbia FT/J-Term MBA with Executive Assessment?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jeometricals, Zakyfish22