Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not worried about them. I was just telling my friends in States that India had grown and has many good schools to match the rep of US schools.. blah blah blah..

It just seems that we still have long ways to go---
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
You should send the original email and the reply to some newspaper in India man. This is absolutely outrageous.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Although the IIMs have grown tremendously in the last few years, many of the administration / admission people working at IIMs (And most other govt-run institutes / universities) still act very much like the typical govt-employees (Read rude, lazy n laid-back, unaware of the latest technology and management skills etc).

So, I would caution people (Specially Indians who are considering applying to some Indian schools too) from forming an opinion about the schools based on the administration / admissions people. They do not correctly show the amazing education, great network, great overall experience and great career improvements that you can get from the IIMs.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bewakoof, by all means, this should not be the way an admission officer should be replying to any prospective applicants. This, I believe, is a lack of professionalism from the part of the individual rather than a reflection of the school itself.
One thing you may consider doing is to address a very polite email to the dean of the school, or someone in greater authority at the school, and copy that uncouth email along with it. I'm sure you should get some better feedback than what you had. IMO, such abrasiveness was somewhat excessive and I cannot imagine someone from my school ever saying such thing to a future applicant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul.. I think I am going to do what you said. Its surprising that I have had amazing responses from Berkley and Stanford to my queries but was very dissapointed with IIM's.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually in India IIM-A is considered as something which is out of this world. I know they have opted out of one of the most popular MBA ranking system because they believe this will hurt the Ranking system more than IIM-A. The school is still under the control of Govt of India and this mindset will take years to change.

You have right to get frustated with this kind of behaviours. We are used to face this type of incidents all the time in India. I hope the new dawn of private schools like ISB will help IIMs to tighten their seat belts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
So, I would caution people (Specially Indians who are considering applying to some Indian schools too) from forming an opinion about the schools based on the administration / admissions people. They do not correctly show the amazing education, great network, great overall experience and great career improvements that you can get from the IIMs.

Well said :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First of all, that's a terrible response. But I agree with the other posts, after I came to India I was shocked by some of the mails my colleagues sent out. They weren't trying to be rude but their use of the English language left a lot to be desired. Perhaps the same thing occurred here.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]