GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 18:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

CASS vs LBS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which course?

• 40% [2]
  • 60% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
CASS vs LBS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 10:19
Hi guys. I have offers for two masters courses and would really appreciate any information. The first is a MSc in Mathematic Trading and Finance and the other is MSc in Financial Analysis at LBS.

The course at CASS has been running much longer where as LBS's is very new. Rankings point towards LBS, but I think this is mainly swayed by MBAs. It is hard to find things comparing universities for Masters. In terms of the actual courses there are a lot of similarities and I am fairly indifferent.

After the MSc I plan to go into quantitative trading in London if possible. Really stumped, any suggestions/ guidance would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests
CASS vs LBS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 15:27
ND15644 wrote:
Hi guys. I have offers for two masters courses and would really appreciate any information. The first is a MSc in Mathematic Trading and Finance and the other is MSc in Financial Analysis at LBS.

The course at CASS has been running much longer where as LBS's is very new. Rankings point towards LBS, but I think this is mainly swayed by MBAs. It is hard to find things comparing universities for Masters. In terms of the actual courses there are a lot of similarities and I am fairly indifferent.

After the MSc I plan to go into quantitative trading in London if possible. Really stumped, any suggestions/ guidance would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Hi,
Well you are going to succeed since they are both in London :)
On first glance because of the brand I would be more interested in LBS.
On the other hand if you are interested more in mathematical approach of trading Cass sounds more suitable, but then again you said that both are very similar, which somewhat surprise me.
I really dont think you can make mistake whichever you choose, you are on your path to quantitative trading in finance capital.
However, just took glance at courses on both and they do differ pretty much...had to register on LBS because of you :) for what you want Cass Master will equip you much better...not saying that you cannot do that with MFA just you will get much pertinent knowledge with mathematical trading course.
Congratulations and good luck !
PS. I was wondering what was your GMAT(GRE) score that got you in both ?

Your kudos are much appreciated

Intern
Intern
Re: CASS vs LBS  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 02:17
Thank you for the opinion. Very useful :) And for going the extra mile and signing up for LBS haha.

My GMAT score was 770.

Thanks once again!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 13:28
ND15644 wrote:
Thank you for the opinion. Very useful :) And for going the extra mile and signing up for LBS haha.

My GMAT score was 770.

Thanks once again!

Awesome score.It is not surprise that they have choosed you :)
Would you be so kind to provide some insights about your prep. What prep materials did you use ? Courses, books, CAT's ?
How long did you study ?
Was this score achieved from first try ?
Any additional recommendations, advice, regarding prep ?

Your kudos are much appreciated

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 13:48
billionaire wrote:
Awesome score.It is not surprise that they have choosed you :)
Would you be so kind to provide some insights about your prep. What prep materials did you use ? Courses, books, CAT's ?
How long did you study ?
Was this score achieved from first try ?
Any additional recommendations, advice, regarding prep ?

Thank you! I am very pleased with it!

Prep wise I bought the official GMAT text books. Started by doing some online mock tests and then basically doing questions from the books in the parts I was struggling most with (for me sentence correction). Then after a few days of that I would do another test and repeat. I took the 2 practise tests you get from GMAT towards the end of the period. For me I did 2 weeks of studying for it but in those weeks all I did was GMAT. This was my first attempt yes.

I would say the most important part of my prep was going over the questions I got wrong from the past exams, I know it sounds simple but it is the most effective way to work out what the mark scheme is looking for and It will help you identify patterns. As hard as it was, I also stayed well clear from any work the day before. When the exam is as long as it is, being completely rested has got to be a high priority!

I hope this helps :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: CASS vs LBS &nbs [#permalink] 12 Apr 2018, 13:48

CASS vs LBS

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap