Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:19 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATPrep scores will be very close to your actual score. In fact, my GMATPrep score was 20pts higher than my actual. But then again, my final ARCO CAT score was 100pts higher than my actual, so I think I just really screwed up!

But honestly, what I've heard from my tutors is to not read too much into the practice test scores, however, out of all of them, the GMATPrep will be the most realistic score...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RED ALERT [#permalink]
Just took the GMATPrep after the Kaplan CATs and all the studying and ended up with a miserable 490 (Q37/V20_

Man how could this be, I feel like all the strength has been taken from my body.

PLEASE ADVICE.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I feel you man. I took 9 CATs in a span of 6 weeks and felt great going into my last GMATPrep test before my real test. After scoring a 660 on an ARCO CAT, I scored a 580 on the final GMATPrep. It made me want to punch a baby! (just kidding, but you understand)

I ended up with a 560 on the actual. I was totally shocked and felt hopeless because the actual GMAT was easier than any practice CAT I had taken before. I even got a little giddy during the Quant section cause I thought I was doing so well. I cried in my beer for a day, then I went out and found a tutor.... story to be continued...

The one uplifting thing I can tell you is what I heard from my tutor - he had a student that never scored higher than a 590 on any CAT and ended up with a 720 on the actual. My tutor himself, who scored a 760 never got higher than a 630 on the CATs.

You just have to jump in there and take the real thing. It might work, it might not. But at least you tried and the beautiful thing is - you can take it as many times as you want... but don't take it more than 3 times 'they' say, "cause adcoms will wonder what's going on with you." :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Fallacy [#permalink]
If you take it more than 3 times no one really cares. Unless you are applying to the top 5 schools

But thanks for the advice, I am going to try it next Friday and see what happens. I will take 3 more CATs and hopefully that will give me a little confidence.

I am just trying survive this thing. 580-630 will work.

thx

wiseguy
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1579 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wiseguy, are the kaplan cats you are taking include the ones from the kaplan 2005 bookw/cd?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NO [#permalink]
The Kaplan CATs that I am taking are from Kaplans website.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just took my 2nd GMATPrep and got a miserable 510.

Q38/V23, if I don't get my verbal up I will SCREAM!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]