GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 07:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

CFA exam

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.79
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User
CFA exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 06:24
I am thinking to give CFA exam to boost my chances for conversion for MSC finance program. Is it a good idea ?

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
G
Re: CFA exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 00:13
Depends. I think L1 can help someone who wasn't a business/econ/finance undergrad sell themselves to admissions. I think it can help someone who has a lower GPA to an extent. That being said, so many people have L1, that it isn't going to singlehandedly get you admitted. I would say having L2 will definitely make you stand out more though.

If you want the CFA, having L1 will look good and also help you. But don't simply get L1 just to improve your application. Effort is spent better doing a number of things than studying for L1 with no intention of going the distance.
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.79
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 00:59
Thank you for your response. I am already an Indian chartered accountant. So doing CFA will add to my profile. My CGPA is decent. I am planning for level 1 in December 2018 and level 2 in June 2019. So will it make any difference since I will be applying for round 1 application in September?

Intern
Intern
B
CFA exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 19:17
Yes it probably will help in a Sep 2019 application

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 11:32
After my Graduation in Engineering(IT)(I am currently in final year), If I don't take a job and prepare for CFA Level 1 exam and then apply for Master of Finance in foreign universities after a year, will it affect my application in a negative way?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 19:04
Nainam wrote:
After my Graduation in Engineering(IT)(I am currently in final year), If I don't take a job and prepare for CFA Level 1 exam and then apply for Master of Finance in foreign universities after a year, will it affect my application in a negative way?

In my opinion, it would be better than not doing anything for a year. Also try to take Level 1 in Dec and 2 in June to demonstrate serious interest. Ideally, also try to land a Finance internship during this period

MiM-Essay Representative
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 23:55
You are on the right track - For MFin applications, CFA does act as a major profile booster. Being one of the toughest exams to crack, having a level 2 or 3 on your resume will act as a differentiator.

This being said, note that MSc Finance is an extremely competitive program so along with CFA, mention other activities ( extra-curricular involvement, finance internships, papers published.etc) to further boost your chances.

If you want a better idea on what kind of activities will account for a competitive profile, I would suggest you to take this profile evaluation here: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
GMAT Club Bot
Re: CFA exam   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2019, 23:55

CFA exam

new topic post reply Update application status