GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 04:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances at H/W/S?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Chances at H/W/S? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2017, 10:48
Hi, thanks for taking the time to look through my profile.

- Korean male (28-29y)
- Seoul National University (top school in Korea) with 4.0/4.3 GPA majoring in Business Administration
- GMAT 760 (taken 4 years ago) / TOEFL 120
- Worked at/cofounded a couple of startups in my undergrad (nothing big or successful at all, but a good experience)
- 2-year military service in US Army based in Korea (in leadership role as squad leader)
- 2 years as investment banking analyst at bulge bracket (one of Citigroup/BAML/Credit Suisse) in Hong Kong
- 2 years as associate at Asian regional private equity firm in Korea

I'm quite confident in my story/essays/experiences. My concern is that I'm older than my four years of work experience because of my two years in mandatory military service (dunno if that would count as work experience) but I was fortunate enough to serve it as part of the US Army stationed here in Korea (through a special program), with lots of good experiences as a leader to recount. Hoping that counts as a "diverse" experience or whatnot. Also, I'm guessing my non-US undergrad (though it is the best school in Korea) with no experience in the US would go against me? Not too sure about that, would love to hear your thoughts.

Overall, I know it's not enough info and depends on other factors as well, but just curious if this type of profile would have a shot at HBS/Wharton/Stanford.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Chances at H/W/S? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2017, 10:38
Hey loveandbeer

Firstly, nice handle! I can't say love, but I can say "Mekchu, chuseyo." (Long story and apologies for my English spelling.)

Secondly, apologies for the delay in response. We were all in Montreal last week, talking b-school admissions.

On the surface, your profile looks pretty cool. You've certainly got the stats. Given that you were part of the US military, you should reach out to the Military/Veteran groups at the schools you are targeting. Get on those "special interest" mailing lists and see what resources are available -- you are a little unique! Very interesting.

To be honest, Stanford is going to be a stretch for anyone. You should still apply but just know that it will be tough and you need to find that "aha" moment. (Also, we need to talk about your goals. And your recs.) HBS, Wharton = Of course. But please add Booth and one or two others...how about CBS? Sloan?

I'm not too worried about your age given your (mandatory) military experience and nice stats. (Although maybe a little worried at HBS?)

You should set up a free consult to talk more...link in my profile...

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Chances at H/W/S?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap