GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Chances for M7 mba?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Chances for M7 mba?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 01:47
Hello i’m an asian male attending college in the U.S. i’m wondering if i have a chance of being accepted to M7 mba after my 2-3 years of work experience.

I current attending one of top5 public universities with economics major and have a gpa of 3.4. I’m planning to start my career at the consulting firm(hopefully 1-2 tier firm). Assuming i get over 740 on gmat, do i have a high chance of getting into one of M7 Mba?

Also, i’m graduating this May, but do you guys recommend me taking summer courses if i can increase my gpa to 3.5? Does 3.4 and 3.5 gpa have huge difference when it comes to Mba Admission?

Posted from my mobile device

Personal MBA Coach Founder
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Chances for M7 mba?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 05:55
an1018 wrote:
Hello i’m an asian male attending college in the U.S. i’m wondering if i have a chance of being accepted to M7 mba after my 2-3 years of work experience.

I current attending one of top5 public universities with economics major and have a gpa of 3.4. I’m planning to start my career at the consulting firm(hopefully 1-2 tier firm). Assuming i get over 740 on gmat, do i have a high chance of getting into one of M7 Mba?

Also, i’m graduating this May, but do you guys recommend me taking summer courses if i can increase my gpa to 3.5? Does 3.4 and 3.5 gpa have huge difference when it comes to Mba Admission?

Congratulations on almost graduating! Less than a couple months to go. To be honest, it is hard to evaluate you based on what we have here. I would really need to see a bit more:

- What school are you at?
- What firm will you work at (once you know)
- What EC activities did you do in college / what will you do after college
- Then there is of course performance at work, which is important

However, making some baseline assumptions, I would say that an M7 school can certainly be within range, however I would try to bump up the GPA as much as possible. If I were you, I would take every class I could to raise it as 3.4 is low for an M7 school.

Good luck! If you want further guidance on early planning, see below.

https://www.personalmbacoach.com/early-mba-planning

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
S
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Re: Chances for M7 mba?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2018, 14:14
Hi an1018,

Thanks for sharing some information about yourself, and I think it's great that you're thinking about business school at this early stage! There are many factors that go into the decision process, but assuming that you can bolster your profile, then I do think that the M7 schools can be within your range. Definitely do whatever you can to get that GPA up. Also, doing well on the GMAT will be really important as well as the quality of your professional and extracurricular experiences.

The following blog post may be helpful for you: It's Never Too Early to Start Thinking About Business School. Also, we do offer a Pre-MBA Package to help candidates, just like you, strengthen their profiles so that they can put their best foot forward once they are ready to apply. You can learn more at the bottom of this page: https://www.ivygroupe.com/work-with-us.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Chances for M7 mba?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 17:55
The average data points for admitted applicants at M7 programs tends to be around 3.6 GPA and 730 gmat. Which you are very close. You are coming from a competitive category and if you can bump up your GMAT in a low effort way I would go for it.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chances for M7 mba? &nbs [#permalink] 28 Mar 2018, 17:55

Chances for M7 mba?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap