GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 08:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Chances of getting in to a decent school

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Chances of getting in to a decent school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 03:47
Hi Guys. I have a question here and need some advice on this. I am a qualified Chartered Accountant from South Africa (C.A. SA), and have CFA Level 1 as well as CAIA . I was an Equity Sales Trader at BNP Paribas and am now in Private Equity as an Investment Analyst. I would love to work in the USA at a hedge fund (Equity Long Short). My varsity marks were good till 2nd year, and am worried that will impact my application. Firstly, I want to do a Masters in Finance in the US or UK, and would like a list of those schools were GPA counts less, and 2nd i want to know if I stand a good chance of getting in anywhere, especially the good schools such as LSB, Imperial, Warwick, NYU Stern etc. My GMAT score is 720 and my GPA is 3.0.
Director
Director
S
Re: Chances of getting in to a decent school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 18:25
You have a great GMAT and an OK GPA. 3.0 isn't great, but it isn't super low either. Your work experience, CAIA, CFA L1 and accounting cert will definitely make you stand out. Honestly, I would encourage you to think about an MBA or maybe a MiF from LBS.

You'll definitely be qualified for most of the US MSF programs. I do think your goals and work experience would make you more of an MBA candidate. That being said, I would need to know more about your profile first.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Re: Chances of getting in to a decent school &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jul 2018, 18:25

Chances of getting in to a decent school

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap