It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 19:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Choice: WHU or ESADE's MS in Global Strategic Management?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.31
Choice: WHU or ESADE's MS in Global Strategic Management? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 14:58
Hey all,

I've made my GMAT in April '17, and have applied to a few schools last year, and whilst I was admitted to one program, I decided not to go for it - I felt not ready, rushed in my decision, and did not have an overall good experience.

This year, I applied nice and early to two schools, and was admitted to both. Now, I have a decision to make:

- WHU (Otto Beisheim School of Management) - Vallendar, Germany - admitted me with a 25% merit scholarship
- ESADE - Barcelona Spain - admitted me to their MS in Global Strategic Management. Extremely happy I was accepted here, as their intake for this program is only 60 students.

However, due to several balances, I'm unsure where to go from here! Financially, ESADE is attainable but tough, but I have not yet been in touch with their financial aid office. On the other hand, why would I turn down a 1-year, double MS program from two great schools (ESADE and McIntire School of Business from the University of Virginia) that also spends 2 months in China?

I'm lost, totally ready to decide on a coinflip! Anyone here with experiences or advice to help out?

Thanks in advance!

Applications:
WHU Otto Beisheim (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($$)
ESADE: MSc in Management (Fall 2018) - Accepted ($)
ESADE: MSc in Global Strategic Management (Fall 2018) - Matriculating ($)

GMAT: 26-4-2017: 710 (91) - Q45 V42
PREP CAT's:
GMAT PREP 1 - April 6, day 1 of studying - 680, Q48 V35
MGMAT Free CAT - April 14, day 8 of studying - 640, Q43 V34
GMAT PREP 2 - April 18, day 12 of studying - 700, Q45 V41
GMAT PREP 3 - April 25, day 19 of studying - 710, Q47 V41

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Choice: WHU or ESADE's MS in Global Strategic Management? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 00:58
Hey Irpvano,

WHU would be a good option. The school has a pretty strong brand name is one of the best schools in Germany. Besides, Germany has good immigration laws and a strong economy, coupled with a booming startup market. So it will be easier to get jobs in the country.

ESADE is also a good school but due to Spain’s stagnating economy and poor immigration laws it will be difficult to find jobs there. You will hence not have a lot of time to network and make the most out of the degree. Since you are an EU resident, it will be easier to find jobs, but the economy is still a concern. Besides, the Dual degree option is also attractive, and will give you some international experience.
If international exposure is what you’re looking for, then the dual degree option is attractive, but you can also get an exchange program in WHU.

To help you make your decision, you can check out our WHU and ESADE school reviews.
Here’s the link to WHU’s review: http://www.mim-essay.com/whu-mim-review/
Similarly, check out this link to read our ESADE review: http://www.mim-essay.com/ie-mim-review/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Choice: WHU or ESADE's MS in Global Strategic Management?   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2018, 00:58

Choice: WHU or ESADE's MS in Global Strategic Management?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap