Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple wrote:
Well, I'm sure I wont get anything anyway... Already 2 portuguese got a place at Columbia for Sept. 2007 intake. I'm almost sure there wont be many more places than those 2...

I am from India, and I started thinking like that.....boy, would I have a hard time getting in anywhere! I think there is some merrit to the whole diversity and bucker theory, but no school has hard numbers per country. I think strong essays and a good interview might be enough the convince the school to stretch their limits and admit another portugeese!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
positive soul wrote:
I just got my invitatition to interview. I have 30 days to schedule the interview.

Congrats PS! Please share your profile and your application details (submission date and status change date)

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, what is profile and when did you submit? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you guys.

I submitted my application January 1st. I got the email informing me that my application was being review last wednesday. So it took them 1 week to notify me. I hope this is good :(

Profile:
American (Hispanic)
3.2 GPA from top 20 Business School
700 GMAT
9 years experiences. (8 in Audit & Corporate Finance in a Multinational + 1 entrapreneur)
worked and lived in 15+ countries

I also got invitations from Wharton, LBS and INSEAD. I haven't heard from HBS :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got an interview as well. Feels good after yesterday's Wharton DWI.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Me too! A watched pot never boils. We were watching the pot known as Wharton, and it obviously didn't boil. Wasn't watching this pot, in fact given their timeline I wasn't expecting to hear anything for 3-4 more weeks.

I'm really excited about this - just like you it feels great after getting no love from Wharton.

I actually had been thinking that Columbia would be a really tough nut to crack, maybe even tougher than Wharton. Columbia's admit rate is lower than Wharton's, and I have heard (from Sandy on BW) that after the ED round, Columbia's admit rate is probably in line with Harvard & Stanford. Of course, they probably don't get the same quality of applicant, and I actually don't believe it is tougher than Wharton, but it is probably tougher than any schools other than HWS and maybe Chicago this year.

It's a great feeling to get the interview, but it's really a relief knowing that my application doesn't contain any unknown grenades, at least not in the eyes of one school.

Good luck guys!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats! At least the week ended on a high note.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got one too. I almost didn't apply to Columbia because I didn't think I would stand a chance just like I didn't apply to HBS, Wharton, Stanford.
It gives me some hope now......good luck to all.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
Me too! A watched pot never boils. We were watching the pot known as Wharton, and it obviously didn't boil. Wasn't watching this pot, in fact given their timeline I wasn't expecting to hear anything for 3-4 more weeks.

I'm really excited about this - just like you it feels great after getting no love from Wharton.

I actually had been thinking that Columbia would be a really tough nut to crack, maybe even tougher than Wharton. Columbia's admit rate is lower than Wharton's, and I have heard (from Sandy on BW) that after the ED round, Columbia's admit rate is probably in line with Harvard & Stanford. Of course, they probably don't get the same quality of applicant, and I actually don't believe it is tougher than Wharton, but it is probably tougher than any schools other than HWS and maybe Chicago this year.

It's a great feeling to get the interview, but it's really a relief knowing that my application doesn't contain any unknown grenades, at least not in the eyes of one school.

Good luck guys!

See? Told ya! glad to hear your news and everyone else's news. Now get ready to face the 2nd phase of application madness (after a few interviews) when you are basically waiting for news for an entire month.

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The crazy/scary thing about Columbia is that some decisions come down as soon as a few days after the interview. That'll be some nerve wracking stuff.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
You were right Lepium. My mood has totally turned around. Now I'm thinking, how can these other non-ultra-elite schools not invite me? Hehe. I'd still love to hear from a few like Michigan & Berkeley though.

That's very true Dukes - that could be good or bad I guess. Could be totally stoked, or could be back to waiting with one more ding under the belt.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Are you also waiting on GSB? Thats the only interview decision I have left after today.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, I'm waiting for GSB as well, although among the two I prefer Columbia. I still have friends in NY from when I used to work there, and I have always had a thought in the back of my mind that I didn't have the best possible experience when I was working in NY. The 9/11 attacks occurred just two months after I got there, and everything was messed up after that.

No point in worrying too much about deciding until we have an admit or two in hand.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
will I be once again the only one not to get anything???
already finishing my darden r3 app. probably one of my favourite schools from the beggining...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
antapple

Don't worry. Remember - Columbia is a curates egg in all this. It is rare in that it interviews a group of candidates, but also admits people with no interview.

Just to keep you hoping, obviously.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
people like sandy on BW forum like to scare people..thats how these clowns make money...scaring you into thinking you need to hire them...

just be yourself..do your due diligence on your essays, make sure you answer the question, have good leadership examples and something of a wow factor..everyone has one..heck the guy who jumped the subway tracks the other day to save someones life has a wow factor..and so do U!
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Post on how long you'll need to wait after an interview to get a decision:

"Hey cat! You asked:

"what is the approximate turnaround time for RD decisions after interviews? i had my interview this Friday Thanks!"

Invitations to interview can come at any point in the evaluation process: First, second, or third read or once an application gets to committee. The amount of time you have to wait after your interview to hear a decision is inversely related to the amount of time you waited to get the interview invite, roughly.

In other words, if you're invited to interview by the first reader then you'll get an interview invite relatively quickly but then you'll still have to be second read, possibly third read and then go to committee. On the other hand, if you get an interview invite from the committee, you will hear about the interview a fair amount of time after you submitted, but will hear back from us relatively quickly once we get the interview results...

hope this helps!

-Ben"
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8