Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4099 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Concern about Promotion Representation in Resume [#permalink]
Expert Reply
j298304850 wrote:
So, this is a bit tricky. Since COVID was a time for extreme work overload and not enough employees to handle in the marketing agency world, in April 2021 I was told by my Manager and VP (after a year of working with the company) that I will be promoted to a Senior role in May 2021. This meant I will have 2x brands under me, a couple of juniors I had to train and of course be the lead SPOC with clients. From May 2021 onwards, I was introduced as a sr. strat to all the clients, my email signature had the designation and the team was structured basis that.

I was told, that my appraisal + promotional arrears and money will come in, September onwards, due to slow downs in financial processes during COVID.

Now, to ensure there are no issues in future BG checks in case I get admitted into a B school, I was checking my Payslips. I saw that the payslip only mentioned the senior role September onwards and not May onwards. So I am guessing - if the verification team reaches out to an HR they will simply look at the payslip for confirmation of dates.
However, all my supervisors and upper management would agree that I was a senior from May onwards.

Should this be clarified in my resume, or in some place else? (the vp is also my recommender)

Hello j298304850,

Hope this finds you well.

We are in agreement with the thoughts shared above.

Generally, schools do not get into such depths; however, that should not deter us from stating the facts as they stand. You should address the issue at hand in your Optional Essay - that way we can talk about the promotion when it actually materialized without leaving any scope for doubts.

All the best!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
j298304850:

We agree with all of the above. Here are things you can do to be safe:

(1) Note the title change in your resume/CV
(2) If you feel comfortable doing so, let HR know in advance of this discrepancy
(3) Submit a few sentences for the optional essay along the lines of what you have described

That will cover you so even if (in the rare event) the background check flags this, you will have been entirely upfront and will not be disqualified from matriculating.

Admissionado
GMAT Club Bot