Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management
Schools:Harvard, Penn, Maryland
 Q45  V41 GMAT 2: 760  Q48  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management
Schools:Harvard, Penn, Maryland
 Q45  V41 GMAT 2: 760  Q48  V47
Send PM
Re: Confused about Kaplan Clasees... and lots more!! [#permalink]
I wouldn't, I would subscribe to the exams tho. take a few practice exams on GMATprep and Manhattan and figure out where your weak areas are and study from that. If you think a book of 1000 random sample questions of each type will help you than go for it....but I would say that taking the GMAT practice tests is the best way to increase your score (esp GMATprep and MGMAT). Who actually reads the books anyway? You can get only what you need and spend a lot less than $270. I have heard ppl say they were helpful tho, so don't make ur decision wholly based on my input.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
If you're going to do a prep course, do Princeton Review. They have a math bootcamp that you can do as an option, to brush up on math.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thankeee.. for your inputs!

i took an online gmatclub test yesterday.. got the worst maths score of my life!
i finished the test in less than 40 mins! so you can imagine how many q's i knew and acutally understood. it seemed like a foriegn language :oops:
( maths... is my undoing !!!)

i have finally decided- to get a basic class 10th maths book.. get my fundamentals sorted..and then do as many q's online and from workbooks!

as for verbal my socre was just ok. i got most of the r.c. but had quite a few silly grammatical errors...
i read somewhere on this site that the manhattan verbal is the bible for Gmat Grammar...
any commnets on that.

Best, sh.

ps: have already ordered the manhattan series.. :? (i guess, i need it!)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management, Consulting
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager
Send PM
I may be too late to respond to this, but I'm currently taking the Kaplan course and here is my take on it.

First of all, I'm working full time and wanted to prepare for the GMAT. Now really knowing the timeline, I decided to go for the 10week plan instead of 4 week Kaplan course (same number of classes, difference in 2 times a week vs. once a week).

I paid 1350 for the full course and so far attended 5 classes. I enjoy the material and what they have to offer through online materials but I honestly think the Kaplan teachers are not helpful. Not only I find myself trying to get my teacher to explain better, I sometimes correct him with his method. I'm sure it'll be a different experience from teacher to teacher, but I was bit disappointed in what I get from the in-class session.

The true reason to take Kaplan was,
1. They offer High Score Guarantee program where you can retake it for free if you are not satisfied.
2. I just couldn't get myself to study after work sometimes. Having 1350 committed, if definitely reminds me what I need to be doing.

if you get yourself motivated to study and have more time, I would suggest doing it on your own.
GMAT Club Bot