GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 12:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Considering Applying - Few Quick Questions

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Considering Applying - Few Quick Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 13:14
Hi all! Few quick questions. I would like to apply to top MBA programs this year but I am interested in working several days a week to help finance the cost of the program. I understand that the vast majority of people don't do this, but to figure out whether I can at least try I wanted to ask a few quick questions:

1. How many hours of classes are there typically each day?
2. Are there typically classes each day of the week?
3. Is attendance usually taken?

I know answers vary by program but if you could provide answers regarding the top programs you know of that'd be great! Thanks all for your help :).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Considering Applying - Few Quick Questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 16:22
- Most schools don't have classes Fridays
- With the exception of 'core' classes you can generally figure out how to stack your classes to all MW or all TR - this will highly highly limit your selection of classes
- Core classes take up 1 or 2 semesters depending on the school
- There are many project based classes i.e. work in a team of 4 on a consulting project for a client. These classes often don't have a set meeting time.

I have heard of people taking paid internships in the field they're trying to break into during the semester (anecdotally real estate, retail, tech, VC).
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 17:31
I would say this is somewhat possible, but more possible if you are able to place out of some of the core class and or during your second semester. The core classes will be the ones where you have less flexibility and may not allow you to have a completely free schedule but most schools will allow you at least one day completely free. I will say though if you are using most of your free time to work you will miss out on some potentially valuable networking opportunities. But do what makes sense for your situation

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 03:17
Great, thank a lot to you both for your insightful replies!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Considering Applying - Few Quick Questions &nbs [#permalink] 29 Mar 2018, 03:17

Considering Applying - Few Quick Questions

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap