It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 00:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Corporate HR background appying to MBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Corporate HR background appying to MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 04:56
I have a corporate HR background in a 2 year rotation program at a F100 company, and am applying to the top 20 MBA schools. My end career goal is to do management consulting in a tier 2 firm like deloitte, pwc, at kearney.
While researching, I couldn't find anybody who has a corporate HR background applying to MBA, or getting into MBA school.

Thus I'm posting this to hopefully get some responses:
-From anyone with corporate HR background, and currently applying or successfully got into a top 20 MBA school
-Advice regarding how HR is relevant to management consulting
-General sentiments about corporate HR background applying to MBA

Thank you! :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Corporate HR background appying to MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2017, 22:29
Hi there,

I have seen a solid number of candidates applying to B-school with an HR background, just this past season we had 2 candidates from HR careers work with us at ARINGO. It's all in how the story is told in terms of your future goals and how your experience aligns with said goals. Both of these candidates were successful, one to a top 10 and the other to a top 15 school; both did a solid job of explaining how their experience prepared them for the next stage, and how the specific MBA would assist.

Good luck and feel free to check out our complementary chances assessment calculator: https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Michelle Aringo

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admissionado
S

Kudos [?]: 970 [0], given: 48

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Corporate HR background appying to MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 01:49
thrashthegmat wrote:
I have a corporate HR background in a 2 year rotation program at a F100 company, and am applying to the top 20 MBA schools. My end career goal is to do management consulting in a tier 2 firm like deloitte, pwc, at kearney.
While researching, I couldn't find anybody who has a corporate HR background applying to MBA, or getting into MBA school.

Thus I'm posting this to hopefully get some responses:
-From anyone with corporate HR background, and currently applying or successfully got into a top 20 MBA school
-Advice regarding how HR is relevant to management consulting
-General sentiments about corporate HR background applying to MBA

Thank you! :)

Well first of all: why Tier 2? :)

Secondly, plenty of people come with HR backgrounds. It's for sure less common than IT or banking, but we've worked with a few HR people.
As for your second question, there are plenty of management consulting projects that have to do with personnel in which your background would be invaluable.

And as for your third: Good. It's a more unique profile than some of the other ones, and since most of the work fundamentally revolves around people, it's right up the MBA alley.

Hope this helps! ;)

And feel free to drop us a line for a free consultation.

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 970 [0], given: 48

Re: Corporate HR background appying to MBA   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2017, 01:49

Corporate HR background appying to MBA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap