Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: CrackVerbal (ClassRoom Course) vs E-Gmat Verbal Live [#permalink]
Kudos
Kartikpalli wrote:
Hi All

I am planning to take an exclusive course for Verbal for my GMAT prep. I gave 2 mocks on GMAT PREP and have performed well in Quant (Q 50 - 1st test | Q - 51- 2nd test) but my Verbal score is not satisfactory and fluctuates between 25-28.

I read a lot of good reviews about both eGMAT and Crack Verbal and am not able to decide between the two. Can someone please help me in this process?

Hi Kartikpalli,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! Congratulations on a great Quant score. For verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Kartikpalli,

To start, you have given yourself plenty of time to continue studying - which is good (and you could potentially hit your Score Goal earlier than you have planned). Many Test Takers who use a 'book heavy' study approach end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level - and since your studies appear to have been book heavy, it's possible that this has happened to you too. Thus, investing in a Verbal Course that will teach you all of the content, Tactics and little 'secrets' to the Verbal section would be a good idea.

1) Which practice CATs/mocks do you plan to use next?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Kartik,

It is probable you are already done with your GMAT. If that is the case it can help others who have the similar question.

I was a Crackverbal student and I was about to take their Classroom course but ended up taking the online course due to crazy Bangalore traffic. Faculties are quite experienced and enjoyed the classes so much. I eventually ended up having an improvement of 70 in my GMAT score.

I had look at the e-GMAT course and it is not bad. But the feel of the classroom what I got in Crackverbal was missing. Also tricks taught in crackverbal like "Plugging in" in Quant and "CR assumption techniques" in Verbal are much more useful.
GMAT Club Bot