GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

CUHK vs Manchester Business School vs ESADE Please Help Urgent!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

AIM   Babson   CUHK   Cass   ESADE   GWU   MBS (Manchester)   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
CUHK vs Manchester Business School vs ESADE Please Help Urgent!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2018, 03:33
A marketing chief in an Education Technology sector, customers being schools are in B2B space. My post MBA goal is to continue in marketing only, no preference in sector. I am of Indian origin and i would look at working for 2-3 years abroad and return to India. The schools i have been accepted to are as follows,

Alliance Manchester
Babson Olin - 10k USD scholarship
CUHK - 10k USD scholarship
CASS - 10k USD scholarship
Lancaster - 20k USD scholarship
George Washington

Could you please help me figure out a college as i am worried on the job opportunities, which country is good for a marketing job prospect post an MBA.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2018, 05:14
reddyvjs wrote:
A marketing chief in an Education Technology sector, customers being schools are in B2B space. My post MBA goal is to continue in marketing only, no preference in sector. I am of Indian origin and i would look at working for 2-3 years abroad and return to India. The schools i have been accepted to are as follows,

Alliance Manchester
George Washington

Could you please help me figure out a college as i am worried on the job opportunities, which country is good for a marketing job prospect post an MBA.

Hi reddyvjs

First congrats on being admitted.

First you need to decide where you want to live and work after MBA ?
Nobody cant decide that for you.
I personally would choose between US and UK/Europe, but that just me.
You need to decide for yourself US or UK or Hong Kong/China, they are all good for marketing job after MBA in their own way.
If you want to know who is the best school or best ranked on that list then it would probably be George Washington although CASS is also great.
Now in terms of money Lancaster is best option, on the other hand if money is not issue for you you should go to best ranked GW.
Having said that, CASS ranks close to GW even sometimes better on biased UK ranking for instance in Economist or Financial Times rankings.
Since they gave you money, 10k scholarship that would be mine clear choice.
If you want to work in Asia you should also consider CUHK, otherwise CASS is your best choice in my opinion.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: CUHK vs Manchester Business School vs ESADE Please Help Urgent!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2018, 01:23
billionaire wrote:
reddyvjs wrote:

Alliance Manchester
George Washington

Hi reddyvjs

You need to decide for yourself US or UK or Hong Kong/China, they are all good for marketing job after MBA in their own way.
If you want to know who is the best school or best ranked on that list then it would probably be George Washington although CASS is also great.
Now in terms of money Lancaster is best option, on the other hand if money is not issue for you you should go to best ranked GW.
Having said that, CASS ranks close to GW even sometimes better on biased UK ranking for instance in Economist or Financial Times rankings.
If you want to work in Asia you should also consider CUHK, otherwise CASS is your best choice in my opinion.

Although CASS is good, i have heard better reviews of Manchester Business School and the ranking of Manchester in Financial Times and Forbes Ranking is much higher than George Washington or CASS. I have no preference of country as such. Thank you for your reply.Much appreciated.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 06:27
reddyvjs wrote:
billionaire wrote:
reddyvjs wrote:

Alliance Manchester
George Washington

Hi reddyvjs

Although CASS is good, i have heard better reviews of Manchester Business School and the ranking of Manchester in Financial Times and Forbes Ranking is much higher than George Washington or CASS. I have no preference of country as such. Thank you for your reply.Much appreciated.

Hi again reddyvjs

I did some research for you.

For instance, in Financial times rankings of European business schools in 3 year rank, CASS placed as 22 as school but MBA program was placed on 13. place (which is most important to you) versus Manchester Business School being on 38. place for school and 14 for MBA.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... kings-2016

Regarding Forbes rankings, keep in mind that they have separated 1 year MBA and 2 year MBA programs so that's not apples to apples comparison. Both CASS and Manchester BS do not have same competition in those separate rankings.

https://www.forbes.com/business-schools/#464df6e26d6d

I can see that Alliance Manchester has global appeal with international possible exchange to Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai or Singapore campus and that's great opportunity.

I don't know why in estimable Economist Full time MBA rankings Alliance Manchester was not even ranked but Cass was placed on 7. position in UK rankings.

https://www.economist.com/whichmba/full ... epth=77644

I have used their tools to compare then CASS and GW, you can see the results below.

https://www.economist.com/whichmba/busi ... ?year=2017

Keep in mind that GW has Global MBA Full time program versus Cass and Alliance. Now, thing with GW is that GW will be more recognizable to US employers no matter of rankings of other two UK MBA's. (They will know for LBS, LSE, Judge, Said, but for others not so much )

However, country location doesn't matter to you so I will leave that out of equation.

So does city location matter to you ?
I would much rather live in London than Manchester, especially with +10 k difference :) but that's just my biased and personal preference.
If you are leaning toward Alliance and you really like them, you should definitively go there.

Listen to your gut.
That inner voice is never wrong, and you will be happy (there).
GMAT Club Bot
CUHK vs Manchester Business School vs ESADE Please Help Urgent!!   [#permalink] 06 May 2018, 06:27

CUHK vs Manchester Business School vs ESADE Please Help Urgent!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste