Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Re: Current Students please weigh in.... [#permalink]
I'm planning on retaking it during the winter break at the end of the first semester, or in the midterm break of the first semester.
Hopefully crack 700 with more time to study and to be able to brush up my academic skills.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
I'm planning on retaking it during the winter break at the end of the first semester, or in the midterm break of the first semester.
Hopefully crack 700 with more time to study and to be able to brush up my academic skills.

toga -

I am not sure what you hope to do or what sort of schedule your school has, but...

I think that most of the schools in the US put together their resume books in the fall, and recruiters will (or won't) reach out to you based on that. And most applications are due in December or early January.

And don't underestimate how busy you will be during school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So this not really unheard of..but it is uncommon...
I don't think I can get through another GMAT, not at this point... :(

Also just getting a higher score doesn't really ensure that one will make the closed-lists for the Big 5 but it will definitely not hurt.

There's got to be other ways to make oneself stand out...
I've heard a lot about how the consulting clubs and CMC's help out students in this regard.
I guess I'll know once I am in...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
togafoot wrote:

toga -

I am not sure what you hope to do or what sort of schedule your school has, but...

I think that most of the schools in the US put together their resume books in the fall, and recruiters will (or won't) reach out to you based on that. And most applications are due in December or early January.

And don't underestimate how busy you will be during school.

In HK, there are 2 recruitment seasons, autumn (fall) and after Chinese New Year. Not sure when the resume books are done, but I don't have to put my GMAT score in the reume to start, and the first semester at HKUST is quant heavy, so that should help me to brush up for the GMAT.

I expect to be very busy, but hopefully, the curriculum at the start should polish up my academic practises. I also work better when multitasking on several projects at the same time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
kk.iyer wrote:
So this not really unheard of..but it is uncommon...
I don't think I can get through another GMAT, not at this point... :(

Also just getting a higher score doesn't really ensure that one will make the closed-lists for the Big 5 but it will definitely not hurt.

There's got to be other ways to make oneself stand out...
I've heard a lot about how the consulting clubs and CMC's help out students in this regard.
I guess I'll know once I am in...

I know people with 780 GMAT scores who did not get interviews and people with 690 scores that did. The higher GMAT score will make you stand out when firms review the resume book like McKinsey but then again so will your total pedigree. I think many people plan on retaking it, but I do not know anyone that actually has once they get to school
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It sure feels good to know that..but it is a bit unnerving all the same to think that a GMAT could have an impact on what one will end up doing post MBA.

When did the GMAT change from being a data point to becoming a filter not only for admissions but also for....:?:

socalconsult wrote:
I know people with 780 GMAT scores who did not get interviews and people with 690 scores that did. The higher GMAT score will make you stand out when firms review the resume book like McKinsey but then again so will your total pedigree. I think many people plan on retaking it, but I do not know anyone that actually has once they get to school
GMAT Club Bot