It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 22:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

D day is approaching in 30 day. Need help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 465 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
D day is approaching in 30 day. Need help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2009, 12:07
i have now exactly 30 days for my d day. My existing score GMAT prep score is in the range of 670-690 with M49 V34-36. I want to improve my score by atleast 30-50 points.
Can somebody please tell me:

1. What should be my strategy now in remaining 30 days? (Assuming 2 hours on weekdays and 8 hrs on weekends. I am also taking a test every week end.)

2. I have a big gap in verbal of around 8-10 points which will take my score northwards. (My RC, CR is now good in range of 85-90% but SC is around 75-80%. So trying to improve SC now.)

3. One more thing i have got psyched out with the exam fear, hence performance pressure is killing my 20-30 points. Request someone please talk about this as well.

4. Should i give it a try or postpone the D day.

Request you to please please give a detailed explanation.

Thanks a ton.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 24

Re: D day is approaching in 30 day. Need help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2009, 12:21
Ok first and foremost - chill out. Man, for Christ sakes it's an exam - not a marriage or some life changing event :).

Once you've chilled down sufficiently - ( I would suggest taking a thermometer reading, not the clinical one u know ) .. just go through the basics of Sentence correction and CR. Do the initial problems in the OG. They are quite easy as you know and will give you sufficient morale boost. I guess that'll help a lot.

I guess you need a change in attitude from 'Oh my god, GMAT Verbal is gonna kill me' TO 'F*** it man, I'm gonna rip the verbal beast apart'.

Good luck, don't stress yourself too much. Take it a little easy and you'll make it to the upper 700s - easily and 30 days is plenty of time to achieve that.

In the land of the night, the chariot of the sun is drawn by the grateful dead

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 24

GMAT Forum Moderator
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund

Kudos [?]: 923 [0], given: 234

Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2009, 13:00
Have you taken any free exams that provide feedback on question type and difficulty?

If not, I suggest you do so. The information obtained from such an exam is priceless in identifying deficiencies. Once the deficiencies are identified, then you can come up with a game plan to kill the GMAT.

My favorite is the free Manhattan GMAT practice exam:
http://www.manhattangmat.com/StoreItemS ... ItemID=158

Figure out where your downfall in verbal, and then read through other threads to figure out how people addressed that question type.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 923 [0], given: 234

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 15

Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2009, 13:02
Before sitting down your prep I would suggest you to take a 20-30 minute job in the near by park and a shower and sit with a fresh set of mind.

Remember to be the top you need not be getting a score of > 750 and an admit in the top 5 schools, I know enough people in my office who basically have no idea what they are doing and are MBA grads from the Stanford and Harvard.

So what is important is doing your best and get into the best college possible and doing the smart work later on at your work place. Not all HBS grads are CEO's so chill.

So try to revise the Manhattan SC atleast twice in the next two weeks and practice lots of SC questions, SC follows a pattern to its easy to break it. You need to break the mental barrier that SC is screwing up your GMAT score.

Another important note, dont concentrate only on SC in the next 30 days and ignore the rest, that would be catastrophic. So keep a check on other sections by taking tests. Tests are very important and try to take as many as possible.

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 15

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2009, 09:08
The GMAX Online course is flexible enough to allow you to study within your 30-day framework and succeed on the GMAT at your highest level. One student studied for only 2 weeks, and received 720 for his efforts. He started out with a low-500s grade.
Also, we have an announcement to make, and this is the first time we're saying this anywhere: GMAX Online supplies students with the 5 tests from 800Score, with the 3 tests from Crack GMAT, and now with the 6 tests from Manhattan GMAT as well!
Take the course in 20 days, and take the tests for the last 10 days and you should be fine.
Best of luck.
Leanna
http://www.gmaxonline.com

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2009, 10:06
Thanks for all the response. I am also waiting for the responses from gurus because i am sure there will be many like me who are going through this stage. If any GMAT moderator can throw some light, i think would help many of the participants here.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2009, 12:13
I am falling short in time. Request gurus to please help on this topic.

Re: D day is approaching in 30 day. Need help   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2009, 12:13

D day is approaching in 30 day. Need help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap