GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Feb 2020, 23:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Decision on getting into BS at 36

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Decision on getting into BS at 36  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 04:10
Hi,

Pls note that I concluded that MBA and not EMBA is the best track in order to step up my career level and have diversified options. Since my organization doesn’t recognize them both.

Any advise or opinion I can have from the experts here based on your current or a friend,s experience. I am currently 36 ,planning to take GMAT test soon then apply to a BS like INSEAD.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Decision on getting into BS at 36  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 08:46
mahmoudalisber wrote:
Hi,

Pls note that I concluded that MBA and not EMBA is the best track in order to step up my career level and have diversified options. Since my organization doesn’t recognize them both.

Any advise or opinion I can have from the experts here based on your current or a friend,s experience. I am currently 36 ,planning to take GMAT test soon then apply to a BS like INSEAD.

mahmoudalisber

I advise you also post your question in the following forum for a better response rate.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:
Re: Decision on getting into BS at 36  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 12:08
Hi mahmoudalisber,

it is common for INSEAD to encourage applicants with 12+ years of work experience to apply to the GEMBA Program. The current age range (80% of the class) for INSEAD's MBA Program is 26 to 32, and the range for years of work experience is 3 to 8. You can find the class profile for the MBA'20D class in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-mba-2 ... 14268.html

That being said, getting accepted to the MBA Program at 36 is still possible. I actually had a few classmates at INSEAD around that age. And I have worked with several successful candidates who were 35+ at the time of the application (and I have also worked with successful candidates who were accepted to the GEMBA at age 30).

However, it will require an exceptional application and INSEAD will expect more from you in terms of career progression, leadership experience, achievements.... compared to younger candidates.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much, and good luck.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Decision on getting into BS at 36  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2020, 20:02
Hi Mahmoud, it's definitely on the older side but not impossible if you demonstrate your fit with their 4 criteria.

You are on the right track with pursuing European schools. One year programs in the US are a slight possibility but European schools are more interested in seasoned candidates. I have also had success with older candidates at HEC, IMD and even IESE. Cambridge and Oxford are also possibilities.

Then, there are 1 year programs especially designed for midcareer professionals. You might also look into Sloan Fellows at MIT, or Stanford MSx.

Whatever your choice, act swiftly. I would recommend getting a tutor to accelerate things and then hopefully applying to the R2 deadline for INSEAD. Make sure to allow at least 2 months for the application; its very long. All around, it would be a good idea to work on GMAT (or GRE) and applications targeting an April or May submission date focusing on January intake for INSEAD, HEC, IMD.

mahmoudalisber

mahmoudalisber wrote:
Hi,

Decision on getting into BS at 36   [#permalink] 19 Jan 2020, 20:02

Decision on getting into BS at 36

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto