Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 14:18 It is currently 18 May 2024, 14:18
2 years
India
Female
Score: 750 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.17
Pre-MBA industry: Education
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
After completing my MBA, my immediate goal is to transition into a consulting role at a top-tier consulting firm, preferably in the strategy or management consulting domain. Given my experience in the edutech startup industry, I have gained strong analytical skills and an understanding of how to optimize operations to improve overall productivity and efficiency. I believe that these skills, combined with the knowledge and expertise I will acquire during my MBA, will enable me to make a meaningful impact in the consulting field. In the short term, I am also interested in working with clients across various industries to gain exposure to different business models, strategies, and challenges.

Region Targeted:
I am open to opportunities across geographies, but I am primarily interested in pursuing roles in India, North America, or Europe. India is a rapidly growing market with immense potential, and I believe that my familiarity with the local business landscape and culture will be an advantage in this region. Additionally, I am also interested in exploring opportunities in North America and Europe as these regions offer exposure to a diverse range of industries and businesses.

Long-term Goals:
In the long term, I aim to develop into a senior leadership position within the consulting industry, where I can leverage my expertise to shape and implement strategies that drive sustainable growth for organizations. As a leader, I hope to work towards creating a positive impact on society, whether through advising organizations on sustainable business practices or through active involvement in community service initiatives. I am also interested in exploring entrepreneurship opportunities in the consulting space and leveraging my experience and network to launch my own venture.

Overall, my post-MBA goals are to gain the necessary skills and expertise to transition into a consulting role at a top-tier firm, and eventually, develop into a senior leadership position within the consulting industry. I believe that the MBA program will provide me with a comprehensive understanding of business operations, leadership, and strategy, and enable me to make a meaningful impact in the consulting industry.
ISB
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
InterviewedOct 8, 23
AcceptedNov 17, 23
ScholarshipNone
Tuck
Full Time MBA
6 months ago
Round 1
Invited to interviewOct 6, 23
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
6 months ago
Round 1
AcceptedOct 19, 23
Scholarship50%
Anderson
Full Time MBA
9 months ago
Comments (3 comments)
04 Aug 2023, 10:54
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club AnanyaAnindita!

A few thoughts/ideas:
1. MBA Applications:
With just 2 years of work experience you may be on the less experienced side, which is fine but you need to compensate and demonstrate why you are mature enough and ready for the MBA. I have seen Stanford for example, pushing people with 2 years of work experience into their Deferred Pipeline after admission, so just FYI. The reason is that often less experienced candidates will have fewer stories to support their application, few points in their LOR's and in general appear less accomplished on the resume. This is a generalization and it is possible you have an amazing resume with lots of accomplishments.

I can't speak about ISB but I would say with ISB it would be hard to explore US or Europe. Your best choice would be a spectrum of schools including Darden, Ross, Tuck, Yale, and perhaps some top programs to try your luck such as Kellogg or Booth. (Stern is quite expensive due to living expenses). Johnson is another option as well as Tepper.

<b>2. Recruiting</b>
For consulting, everyone recruits into this role which means the competition for Consulting is Intense. Client-readiness is going to be very important. Meaning skills such as presentation, confidence, and ability to think on your feet. In general, US would have better chances of recruiting and staying in the country in the short term (1-3 years after graduation) while I see many European graduates going back home. At the same time, US has been tricky with H1B due to "visa fraud" where the same person will apply with 3 different applications and that inflates numbers quite a bit... anyway, that's a different story after the 3 years.
04 Aug 2023, 10:32
I think this might be worth your time

We have applicants especially from Overrepresented pool with a higher chance of getting admitted. Also, we have a top 10 or refund challenge you could try.
03 Aug 2023, 13:02
The person who posted this has given plenty of details about their profile. If you are an admissions consulting firm, why not give a profile review here itself which builds the confidence of other users and motivates them to contact your firm? The comment suggesting everyone to check the website is potential spam and may lead to your account getting blocked here.
04 Aug 2023, 10:54
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club AnanyaAnindita!

A few thoughts/ideas:
1. MBA Applications:
With just 2 years of work experience you may be on the less experienced side, which is fine but you need to compensate and demonstrate why you are mature enough and ready for the MBA. I have seen Stanford for example, pushing people with 2 years of work experience into their Deferred Pipeline after admission, so just FYI. The reason is that often less experienced candidates will have fewer stories to support their application, few points in their LOR's and in general appear less accomplished on the resume. This is a generalization and it is possible you have an amazing resume with lots of accomplishments.

I can't speak about ISB but I would say with ISB it would be hard to explore US or Europe. Your best choice would be a spectrum of schools including Darden, Ross, Tuck, Yale, and perhaps some top programs to try your luck such as Kellogg or Booth. (Stern is quite expensive due to living expenses). Johnson is another option as well as Tepper.

<b>2. Recruiting</b>
For consulting, everyone recruits into this role which means the competition for Consulting is Intense. Client-readiness is going to be very important. Meaning skills such as presentation, confidence, and ability to think on your feet. In general, US would have better chances of recruiting and staying in the country in the short term (1-3 years after graduation) while I see many European graduates going back home. At the same time, US has been tricky with H1B due to "visa fraud" where the same person will apply with 3 different applications and that inflates numbers quite a bit... anyway, that's a different story after the 3 years.