Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22070 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Re: Delayed GMAT official score report [#permalink]
Kudos
Update: Got in touch with the customer service folks again and they mentioned that there was no error in my case and that the score would be released shortly and after 2 days, finally got the official score!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 4
Send PM
I got my result after 5 days of taking the test. I have heard many people talking about delayed scores . According to the official GMAC guidelines they can take upto 20 days if they need to verify further. if you've taken the gmat online then they would check the video footage and if they find anything suspicious there then further investigation would be done.

keep calm . And i hope you get your scores asap.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Delayed GMAT official score report [#permalink]
Has anyone who's taken the GMAT in-person recently experienced major delays in getting their official scores with AWA scores? I took mine Nov. 9, and still no official score... I'm now being told 10-15 more days. Wondering if this is a problem anyone else is experiencing?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ly2019,

Historically-speaking, the Official Score Reports for GMATs administered at a Test Center have been typically available 1-2 weeks after the Test Date, so since you took your GMAT on November 9th, you are still in that 'window.' A much longer wait time is a bit surprising, but certainly possible - especially since each AWA has to be graded by a human. That having been said, the Unofficial Score Report (which you would have received on the day you took the GMAT) is almost always the same as the Official Score that you receive - meaning that you have already seen what is likely to be your Official GMAT Score (except for the AWA component).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72900 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I believe the worst case time wine provided by GMAC is 20 calendar days. However, that time wine is usually not critical because many programs are OK with you submitting the scores on your application and then verifying the scores later on. The only exception of course being the AWA.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Ly2019,

I faced a similar issue. I took the GMAT on 24th Sept and I received the official score report after more than a month. I suggest that you wait for the score as you have already talked to the customer care people and it may take up to 20 days to get the scores according to GMAC. If you don't get it even after 20 days, contact GMAC folks again and they'll surely help you out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
I am also facing this issue. Took the GMAT in late October and am now past the 20 day mark with no official score report. I reached out to GMAC and they said they're checking on it, but I'm freaking out that it's going to get cancelled for some reason.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Ly2019 wrote:
Has anyone who's taken the GMAT in-person recently experienced major delays in getting their official scores with AWA scores? I took mine Nov. 9, and still no official score... I'm now being told 10-15 more days. Wondering if this is a problem anyone else is experiencing?

Hi Ly2019,

I also took my exam on 10 Nov and have not yet received my scores.. Let me know if you receive yours or know about delay reason.

I'm planning to reach out to the customer service on 30 Nov if still no score report received.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Update: called customer service today as I'm now past 20 days. I've been told there's a "technical issue" that will take another 7-10 business days to resolve. I'm pretty upset; I have deadlines before that point, and had made that clear with support as early as a week after my exam.

Update 2: received the score!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
I gave my exam on 13th Nov, it’s been 28 days now and I still haven’t received the scores. I wrote to them as well, however, just getting an automated response and have not heard back from them at all. I am getting a little worried now considering deadlines are approaching. Please provide an email id you guys might have written to. Would be really helpful.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
PALL07 wrote:
I gave my exam on 13th Nov, it’s been 28 days now and I still haven’t received the scores. I wrote to them as well, however, just getting an automated response and have not heard back from them at all. I am getting a little worried now considering deadlines are approaching. Please provide an email id you guys might have written to. Would be really helpful.

You can call the GMAC customer service. I got mine within few days after asking them.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
PALL07 wrote:

Wow. Just to clarify, this is in-person test at the test center, correct?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Delay in getting Official Score [#permalink]
Not getting my official score..Need to submit to school.. GMAT customer care responded everytime that within 24hrs it will be updated. Almost 20 days gone but not getting my official score..Where to escalate

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I also appeared on 14th February and till date haven't received official score card. 20 days they mentioned..when checked with call centre they replied within 24 hrs we will get. Unfortunately it's almost three days with no clue at all..Where to connect

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sk444 wrote:
I also appeared on 14th February and till date haven't received official score card. 20 days they mentioned..when checked with call centre they replied within 24 hrs we will get. Unfortunately it's almost three days with no clue at all..Where to connect

Hi. Sorry about that. That is odd. Is this the online test or in person as a test center?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I gave the exam in test centre. Really disturbed as whenever call GMAT folks for Last two days and was assured it will be posted within 24 hrs. Unfortunately it's still not reflected. Really worried

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: Delay in getting Official Score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Sk444.

It amazing how bizarre the GMAT scoring process can be. One of the simplest things an enterprise can do to take care of users is to keep things straightforward and reliable. So, GMAC should prioritize doing so, but hasn't.

Has customer care said anything to you about their having escalating to the "scoring team"?

Meanwhile, can you possibly use your unofficial score for a while and tell your target schools that your official score is pending?

Also, an emergency option is simply to to take the test again and hope that your score isn't delayed.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Delay in getting Official Score [#permalink]
 1   2