Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:musband

CONGRATS Anand!!! Way to go!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 412 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats man.. You made it. I was waiting for your post, as we knew you were appearing for the test today. Nice to see your result. All the best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul: Thanks a ton for ur wishes..I would only apply in 2007, so some time for me.
Bew&*f : Yaar, change ur id atleast...i cant call u bew*&f :lol: .. Thanks man for ur wishes..
duttsit : Thanks buddy for ur wishes..
gmacvic : keep posting questions on the site..Its were those fabulous questions that helped me to prepare...BTW where do you get those questions from ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
u can call me bewakoof.. my mom calls me that every day.. after 22 yrs.. i now have realized that she might just be right.
btw.. it is Abhishek..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 660 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bewakoof wrote:
u can call me bewakoof.. my mom calls me that every day.. after 22 yrs.. i now have realized that she might just be right.
btw.. it is Abhishek..

You are the most down to earth guy on gmatclub. Yes, do change your nickname that represent you more clearly :P

Best wishes!!!

duttsit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
Andy, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! Congrats buddy~ See, it was a good decision to take the test after all huh? :wink: :wink:

Do stick around and good luck with apps!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Way to go Andy !

Give us some tips....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1579 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats andy! I am ecstatic for you. Hard work surely paid off. U give me hope that i can conquer the beast. Good luck on your apps and I hope you stick around. :beer
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Re: Dhinchak Dhinchak 710 [#permalink]
andy_gr8 wrote:
Its time to swim in booze today...
ps_dahiya : I hope you remember that you would put me in a pool of booze once you get 750.

Wow.. great andy.... I am so happy for you...... :wave

you killed the beast :2gunfire:

the best feeling after good results is :done

Don't worry, I still remember my promise. Just pray fo rme. :-D

Best of luck for your apps.

PM me your email address and phone numbers. We will be in touch.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1122 [0]
[#permalink]
Oh Andy, forgot to ask one question, since you took both ETS and PV tests, can you shed some light as to the difficulty levels?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ain't I happy for you my friend!

Vivek, TeHCM and I had the easy part of giving advise, you did the hard part. So you desevre big Congratulations. :musband :band

You have been a great buddy for the last one month. Right from your "avatar" to your comments for the CRs/SCs..... I have found you to be a very intellegent and jovial person. And you always deserved a 7xx!

So it's time to :drunk
I guess I'll fly out to Chicago sometime to get my treat!

Please stick around and give us advise.

-Girish
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well well well...

Look who is here :-D "Andy with 710!!!!", Balle Balle!
You did it dude, I'm very happy for you, your hard paid off :-D

I was waiting for your post here till late night!

You must be thrilled! CONGRATULATIONS Andy & Wish you the very best! Let's keep in touch for apps process!

But I'm afraid we'll not have you around with your jokes ;) if possible,do stick around. Do share some difficulty levels!

Wooohooo, It's a time to Disco :banana :woohoo

Originally posted by vivek123 on 31 Jan 2006, 20:00.
Last edited by vivek123 on 31 Jan 2006, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bewakoof wrote:
btw.. it is Abhishek..

Abhishek,
You have a fantastic name ;) I agree with duttsit that you are the most down to earth guy among us. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
cool great score man...
goodd luck with ur apps.. Hic.. Hic..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys i would be very much here in this forum becoz it has become a part of my life
Thanks a lot for all ur congrats and wishes...For me any score above 700 was a challenge and i had that feeling deep inside that i am not a 7XX material..So 710 is a pleasing surpirse for me.

dahiya: Thanks buddy..u are just awesome in maths..i liked ur approach in DS...I would suggest u to just take a date and give this beast as ASAP..

Vivek: i really felt so relaxed out there in the exam and that was becoz of ur advice.. If u have not taken the GMAT appointment, take it right away..Moreover you cant score more than 800 :wink: ..You are close to perfection buddy in SC.

Girish : I just got a 5 litre Bacardi for u :lol:
joemama: i am sure you too would kill the beast..You were really an inspirer.
sperumba : Thanks buddy for ur wishes.
TEHCM : Well i found Maths relatively easy than the ETS..I dont know whether it was becoz i prepared well or becoz it was really easy.. The kind of questions that PV shot in plenty were the series question like
Sn=Sn-1 * Sn-2.something something then they wud make a DS out of it like if S4=2 then is S10 +ve or something...i saw these kinds in plenty..
This time the only difference in my approach was that instead of blindly pkugging in numbers, first i saw if i could simplify the DS question... Moreover this time i wasnt afraid of DS as last time, but i still HATE them :evil:
As far as Verbal is concerned, i m 100% sure it was tough than last time..All sentences were long.. Agreed that findign errors in long questions is easy but then to scan through 5 choices takes up lot of time.. ETS SC questions were pretty small ones.... CR again was very confusing...I would aways end up with 2 options...ETS CR's were lot easier..RC i thought was easy, the passages subtle and smooth but to my surpise i hardly found a detail question..All the questions that were shot to me were either Central idea/Main idea question or Inference questions or Assumptions(Assumptions in RC's kill u man)..But nothing to worry about..If u have time in ur hand then u can read the passage twice and attack those questions ... Thats what i did and i had to guess on the last 2 becoz had no time left..

lhotseaface: The tips that i can share with you are :
1)The first time when i prepared, i harldy reviewed the questions which i got correct. I thought that since i have got it right the first time i would get it again.. Thats a wrong approach..
Do not select any answer unless u can prove 4 others wrong.. This i learnt from Vivek by his colourful way of marking the wrong options..This forum helped in that...
2)- A score above 750+ requires talent, hard work, luck and that hunger
A score in range of 700 -710 just requires a calm mind..We all have that in us..But when we know we are giving an exam we tend to panick..That really kills the aptitude..The fear forces us to select many wrong answers, the fear forces us to not think but speed up..So getting that positive frame of mind is a must..Last time i panicked, this time i didnt..
3)Error log helped me..I just noted down the questions which i couldnt get right in my error log and would review it the next morning..Then would try to find some questions which asked for a similar concept.That way atleast i would try to make sure that i dont do that mistake again..
Thats the only advice i can offer you my friend..Let me know if you need any help ...
Thanks guys
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 727 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score well deserved andy. Congrats
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]