Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
NOV 22 [#permalink]
I took the test on november 22nd and have been pulling my hair out for the past week about what went wrong...i have consistently scored 660 range on all practice tests...took around 12....my quantive score was never below a 37....on the exam i got a 32....I was shocked....i called ETS, they said the official scores will be sent in the mail but basically laughed when i asked them about the chance of them making a mistake....most people said i probably made careless errors at the begining but i thought i performed very well on the quantitive section....my verbal was 38 which was consistent to what i had been getting on the practice exam. if you find out anything (my ego refuses to accept that i messed up) please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Buddy,
I took my first ever GMAT on Nov 20. I got a 640 overall with pretty even results between Math and Verbal. I made a few stupid mistakes (and kicked myself for them). There were some pretty odd SC questions with very tricky traps. To be honest, some of those Math questions look like they came from Mars. I think you probably got trapped by those Mars-type question. Now I know November is not a good month to take the GMAT.
I guess the next step is to think about how to improve our scores for another 60-80 points. At the mid-600 level, the trick is to practice on the difficult questions. Unfortunately, it is not easy to get a list of good difficult questions to work on.
English is actually not my first language. I have done some intensive work on the Verbal section (probably at the expense of the Math section). If you are in New York City, I love to share my experience with you.
Pat
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts