GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 03:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Difficulty level of Official guide vs GMATPrep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge
Difficulty level of Official guide vs GMATPrep  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2018, 11:50
Dear Friends,

I have recently spoken to several people who took gmat and almost everyone said that Quant questions are tougher than the official guide questions or the questions they practiced. I would like to know your thoughts on below:

1) Are questions in official guides sufficient to reach Q50/51.
2) Are GMATprep EP1, EP2 mock tests higher on the difficulty side than official guides.
3) Are GMATPrep EP1, EP2 mocks similar in difficulty to official GMAT questions.

Thanks

Retaking gmat for second time, any re-takers please feel free to connect.

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Difficulty level of Official guide vs GMATPrep  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 06:04
Hi Ravi, I'd try to answer your questions from my own experience.

Questions in the official guides are NOT sufficient to reach Q50/51, unless you have practiced them a million times and can identify slight variations of those questions. However, the short answer is NO. I would personally recommend GMAT Club Tests for a comfortably getting a Q49 - Q50 on the actual GMAT. If you regularly practices the questions in GMAT Club Test Center diligently, you could very well end up achieving a Q49+ on the real test.

2) Are GMATprep EP1, EP2 mock tests higher on the difficulty side than official guides.
Test takers have historically claimed that GMAT Prep Practice tests are tougher than the actual GMAT. Personally, I found questions in the Quant section, in my first attempt, far easier than those in the GMAT Prep Practice tests. Questions on the Verbal section are similar are very tricky on the real exam.

3) Are GMATPrep EP1, EP2 mocks similar in difficulty to official GMAT questions.
Yes, difficulty level of GMAT Prep Practice tests is very close to the actual GMAT. I believe that the test anxiety makes the real test appear slightly tougher :cool:

All the best :)

In order to reach the next tier, I need kudos.

Please provide me with kudos in case you like my post. Thank you :)

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 09:24
DisciplinedPrep wrote:
Hi Ravi, I'd try to answer your questions from my own experience.

Questions in the official guides are NOT sufficient to reach Q50/51, unless you have practiced them a million times and can identify slight variations of those questions. However, the short answer is NO. I would personally recommend GMAT Club Tests for a comfortably getting a Q49 - Q50 on the actual GMAT. If you regularly practices the questions in GMAT Club Test Center diligently, you could very well end up achieving a Q49+ on the real test.

Test takers have historically claimed that GMAT Prep Practice tests are tougher than the actual GMAT. Personally, I found questions in the Quant section, in my first attempt, far easier than those in the GMAT Prep Practice tests. Questions on the Verbal section are similar are very tricky on the real exam.

Yes, difficulty level of GMAT Prep Practice tests is very close to the actual GMAT. I believe that the test anxiety makes the real test appear slightly tougher :cool:

All the best :)

Thanks for your detailed response. K +1

KR
Ravi

Retaking gmat for second time, any re-takers please feel free to connect.

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 10:28
Hi ravikumarmishra,

You ask an interesting question. The official materials (OG, exams packs, additional problem packs) contain quant questions ranging from low to high levels, and thus, as an aggregate, are similar in difficulty to what you’d see on any GMAT exam. That being said, since it appears that you are looking to hit a Q50+ quant score, in addition to using official materials, you may consider using a GMAT quant self-study course. To see what is available, check out the GMAT Club reviews of the the best quant courses.

You also may find it helpful to read my article about how to increase your quant score.

Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Difficulty level of Official guide vs GMATPrep &nbs [#permalink] 04 Jan 2019, 10:28

Difficulty level of Official guide vs GMATPrep

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap