GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 04:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Dilemma regarding admission deadlines

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Dilemma regarding admission deadlines [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2018, 05:46
hi team,
Well umm I got a call from one the institutes stating that if u want to take admission for mba during march-july 2019 then you have to start applying for universities from sept 2018

So basically my plan was to take gmat exam on 1st December 2018 and start applying for universities from jan 2019 and get admitted that year itself

So now this start of sept 2018 admission process is worrying me coz i wont be left with enough time to prepare for gmat considering my hectic schedule.
i also went through some Round1,round2 dates for 2018 admission which I couldn't understand.

Please enlighten me with all the process of this deadlines as well as what if i take the exam on dec 2018 and start applying universities on Jan 2019. I don;t want to miss a whole year and opt for 2020 batch. 2019 in my aim and that's it. Pls help!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Dilemma regarding admission deadlines [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2018, 05:54
Hey Pratik21 ,

Let me help you. :)

So, basically all the US bschools start the application process usually by Sept/Oct except a few that even start too early.

Every school has some rounds of application. Mostly, R1, R2 and R3. The sooner you apply, the better chances are for you to get selected.

I would prefer you to take the GMAT by may be July/August end so as to give yourself sufficient time to start working on the other components of the application, namely essays, resume, interview, etc.

If you are planning to take the exam by dec, you may be left with very short time for applications.

R1 deadlines are in Sept/Oct
R2 deadline are in Jan first week
R3 is not recommended for International applicants considering very late admission process that may further delay the Visa process.

Feel free to ask any other question you have.

All the best :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Dilemma regarding admission deadlines [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2018, 06:10
abhimahna wrote:
Hey

So, basically all the US bschools start the application process usually by Sept/Oct except a few that even start too early.

Every school has some rounds of application. Mostly, R1, R2 and R3. The sooner you apply, the better chances are for you to get selected.

I would prefer you to take the GMAT by may be July/August end so as to give yourself sufficient time to start working on the other components of the application, namely essays, resume, interview, etc.

If you are planning to take the exam by dec, you may be left with very short time for applications.

R3 is not recommended for International applicants considering very late admission process that may further delay the Visa process.

hi Abhi,
My previous post : "Gmat exam exactly after 9months " (sry for not pasting as there some error popping up)
here i have mentioned all my shortcomings and as a budding gmat taker i lack overall skill to crack a 700+ score coz of my poor verbal skill.

Also I have my office from mon to fri 10-8pm excluding my gym/football session hrs :|
Now given the time frame till july/aug how can i crack it... I'm suddenly too tensed and not able to think properly. Seriously.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Dilemma regarding admission deadlines [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2018, 06:40
Pratik21 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Hey

hi Abhi,
My previous post : "Gmat exam exactly after 9months " (sry for not pasting as there some error popping up)
here i have mentioned all my shortcomings and as a budding gmat taker i lack overall skill to crack a 700+ score coz of my poor verbal skill.

Also I have my office from mon to fri 10-8pm excluding my gym/football session hrs :|

Now given the time frame till july/aug how can i crack it... I'm suddenly too tensed and not able to think properly. Seriously.

STOP complaining!
Start preparing!

With all due respect, going with a mindset that you "need" 9 months months to nail the GMAT is utterly foolish and will back grave consequences on your preparation.
Three months of sedulous studies i.e 2 hours on weekdays and 5 hours on the weekends will allow you to unleash your potential and get past that 700 mark.

Now, coming back to the original question => I gave my GRE this December and I can tell you that I SHOULD have given it early. If you would give it by July/August and apply to R1 -> You would be giving yourself the best possible chance to get a fully funded MBA ( or a great scholarship). If you are thinking about giving the GMAT in December, it might help to know that many schools will not offer a decent scholarship because they would not have any money left after all their spendthrift spree in R1)

Next, there are some schools which take most of its incoming class in Early/R1 such as Columbia.
If you are an Asian, you MUST apply to Round 1 to have a decent shot at Top 20 programs.
Take a wise call my friend.

P.S -> Almost every non Native struggles with the verbal part of the GMAT at first. So, you are not alone.

All the best
Stone

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Dilemma regarding admission deadlines   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2018, 06:40

Dilemma regarding admission deadlines

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR JULY
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap