Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 146 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Damit:
You have a very good overall score. 680 is a 90 percentile and, more importantly, you have crossed 80% ile in both sections. As far as i know , only the best schools sometimes ask for 80%ile + in both sections. And you have already got that.
I will take a retake only if other aspects of your application are considerably weak and you are sure of hitting 720+ in your next attempt.
Believe me , 690-710 wont make much of a difference and other flip side is that score can go down also.
Just weigh the pros and cons of either possibility, along with the amount of effort you will put in for a retake, and then take a decision.
For instance, you will have little gain if you manage to increase 10-20 points more..but loss can be tremendous even if you drop by 30-40 points.
I think linda can answer you query best given your profile. Also, if u really want to retake.. what you can do is send your current score to all the schools you are interested in. Then retake .. if your score increases u can intimate the schools and if it drops, they will never know about it. You might have to shell extra bucks but you will be risk free.
good luck
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts