Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 744 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
My situation was even worse Carsen. Give your another best shot and see you will make it.

--Bhai
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Carsen,
As everybody has said..chilll...have a good time in Singapore...

Your explanations on this forum have been pretty good and juding by that you seem to have a good verbal aptitutude...so I guess it was just not one of your days..! Dont worry...take heart from your quant score and keep ploughing in on the verbal.

Wishes,
Vivek.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Carsen. Hang in there buddy. I believe it is possible for you to increase your verbal score. RC might have got you. You should perhaps focus on that and work on LSAT RC. Take good care of yourself next week and I'll see you again in the forum :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Carsen,
For your caliber, 650 is an easy target. If you practice more and more and more on the verbal part, I am pretty sure you can achieve target score easily. I read elsewhere in the posts that your main focus is on math and now, your quant score shows that you did achieve what you wanted. Just do not loose your cool and practice more on verbal and you will definitely achieve your target score. Also, I would suggest ,aim for 700+ so that even if you miss by lil bit,will be within the range.

Good luck!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Carsen
I know how it feels
You definitely deserve more than that and specially in Verbal. Your SC explanations in the forum were awesome.
I am sure that you will do much better in your next attempt.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Carsen
I know how it feels
You definitely deserve more than that and specially in Verbal. Your SC explanations in the forum were awesome.
I am sure that you will do much better in your next attempt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot for the support guys. It meant a lot to me.

One thing I would like to highlight...after my intial analysis of the outcome. When I came home after the test, my wife asked with shock, what happened in Quant, and I told her, that I am sure that I guessed 3 of them wrong. And her next question was, what went wrong in Verbal. I had no answer apart from telling her, that I do not know.

This "clicked" what I was missing. If one does not know that he had done right , then he does not know if it was wrong either. What I mean is, I did not prepare enough to crack the verbal. Had i prepared I would have known where I made the mistakes. In this case, I just do not know, was it the SC, the CR or the RC. (Just a tip .... the SC in gmat are becoming close to RC. They are of such length, that one gets confused if he is reading a SC or an RC. Thanks to ETS for providing the slider bar in the RC so that one knows it is an RC :-D ).

My grandfather was right. He said, there are only 2 groups of people who find any test easy. One of them who is completely prepared and the other one who is not prepared. Both know what they are doing. People like me, who are in the middle, give 50:50 chance. :)

I learnt a lesson in here. Next time, I am going to analyse each and every sentence, each and every RC and each and every CR- word to word, passage to passage and page to page. I a not going to let this Verbal get in to my success.

If still I am unable to crack it, then I am not qualified to get in to big schools (atleast I will know it forehand before putting thousands of $$ in the schools bank account and later succum to the pressure enforced by the curriculum). This will answer my question ...IS THE MBA WORTH IT or AM I WORTH THE MBA.

Seeya, and thanks again. I WILL BE BACK !!!! :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
hello carsen

time to go to the mattresses! Do not take a long break from your prep.

Timing is a big issue for most guys and its really hard to concentrate on verbal after the entire section of quant. i am sure you must have a good idea of what areas you have to work on. one thing i would suggest is that do not let up on your practice in Quant. Practice with a clock in both Quant and Verbal. Even when you discuss problems on GMAT Club, first use a clock to time yourself, get the solution and then post it here.

Last but not the least, i hope you used a error log. go back and look at the errors you did. study them in this break.

You have a good quant score.. hold on buddy.. you will get there

praetorian
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Carsen, hold onto your breath and jump over again. You have a great quant score, just keep the tempo even with the verbal and you will be through in no time. I can understand that it is frustrating, but don't succumb to what confronted you this time. It was, simply, not your day. Now, concentrate on the not-so-good side and come up flying.

Roll with the punches, tomorrow is another day!

dj
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi GUYS

CHECK OUT THE NEW PICTURE IN MY PROFILE.

(Is it not better than the depressed cat). This is motivation aye. !!!!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thats like Carsen! :lol:
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
carsen wrote:
Hi GUYS

CHECK OUT THE NEW PICTURE IN MY PROFILE.

(Is it not better than the depressed cat). This is motivation aye. !!!!!

I like it better man!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts