Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the tip Honghu....I have this habit of sticking to a problem forever...since it challenges me to solve it. This pursuit leads me to miss out some problems in the end. But I had totally believed in the concept of scoring good on the first few questions. But now, I am not hundred percent sure...if that concept worked out in my favour. The quant section seemed to have worked. But I dont know how my verbal score could have dropped as low as 22 just because of the last 9 guesses?

As for my future....I am confused....if i get admitted to one the schools I apply( by virtue of other better things), i would just go for it... However, my score would still haunt me...i would like to salvage some pride...by retaking the test. But if I dont know what are my weaknesses are and what went wrong, there is no point in letting my emotions get the better of me and taking the test in hurry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
calcoolram, I felt the same way after my first test score. However I decided to approach the whole preparation with a fresh outlook. My mistake was the same as yours - I stick to a question till I get the right answer and hence ram out of time.

So when I restarted my preparation I used to time ALL my practice sessions for each of the question. I also did OG extensively using the new test grid which keeps time for you for each question. This was extremely helpful.

I was also psyched out the first time because a few days before doing the test, I scored very low in my practise tests. The second time it was different. I think positive feelings also contributed to my better score second time.

I improved my score from 620 to 720. So please do not be disheartened and all the best to prepare again.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It sounds like time management is the key in your case. If you can master this issue, you should be able to increase your V score and your total score considerably.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts