GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 04:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Do I need to wait another year before applying now?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
S
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Do I need to wait another year before applying now?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Jun 2017, 02:01
So I graduated Uni in 2014: business degree, below average GPA but pretty good GMAT. I went on to work a year internationally in the industry I want to ultimately end up in (though on the agency side with a startup company rather than on product side). I then got the opportunity to work product side (small startup again) in the US for 1.5 years before recently getting an offer to move up into a global media agency a month or two ago.

Ultimately this last move was because my new role is an awesome position to learn a lot in my chosen profession and meet plenty of people. But because I have just started work here I'm afraid I've locked myself into waiting another year before applying to MBA programs as I would have 1 year, 1.5 years, and 1.5 years work experience.

GOAL: I have known I've wanted an MBA for 3 years, and I've known this whole time I've wanted to do brand management in the gaming industry. I have been talking to people at my target companies for years and applying here and there for years. So my question basically boils down to two notes:

1) FOR MBA - would it look bad to be applying again this fall even though I've had a clear path (and have recommendations from everywhere I worked)?
2) FOR WORK - Can justify all these 1-2 year stints when networking for an internship or job interview post MBA with these companies by saying that this entire time has been me trying to join their team and you can see that by the conversations I've had and paperwork of applications over the years?

I know this was a little disjointed sorry it's hard to articulate over text my situation but wanted to hear you all's insights.

Originally posted by redfield on 23 Jun 2017, 20:31.
Last edited by redfield on 24 Jun 2017, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: Coaching
Re: Do I need to wait another year before applying now?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 01:55
Work- Ex is little on the lower side of the spectrum; that is all I can make out of the incoherent write-up. I'd like to look at your CV to understand better.

With a 740 GMAT, why did you test again? Do I see jitteriness here? Not a good sign! Essays need to spell clarity of thought and clear logical post MBA plans.

If this response helped you, please give the post a KUDOS!
Current Student
S
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 02:04
jeffreyadcom wrote:
Work- Ex is little on the lower side of the spectrum; that is all I can make out of the incoherent write-up. I'd like to look at your CV to understand better.

With a 740 GMAT, why did you test again? Do I see jitteriness here? Not a good sign! Essays need to spell clarity of thought and clear logical post MBA plans.

Reworded original post to hopefully be a little more coherent.

Regarding GMAT I tested again because I had a bloody nose on the IR and scored a 2 (12%); wanted to retake to show it wasn't a lack of carelessness or inability and in my retake I got an 82% IR with the 730 score you see.
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2017, 17:58
I would go for it if you have a burning desire and feel you can make a strong case to admissions and clearly articulate your career journey. That will be the main point of clarification the school will be looking towards. Also, given your short stops were you abel to make a material impact on any of your orgs? Did you lead any teams or manage others? These are the things that your low work experience and short stays may not have allowed but are critical to b-schools. So decide if you have had enough experience to make the case

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Do I need to wait another year before applying now?   [#permalink] 06 Jul 2017, 17:58

Do I need to wait another year before applying now?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap