Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 20:57 It is currently 13 May 2024, 20:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 553
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73173 [1]
Given Kudos: 18949
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5149 [1]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Re: Do Official Practice Tests reflect actual GMAT scores? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi juri01m.

I'm glad to hear that TTP has worked so well for you.

Regarding the official practice tests, your scores on those tests probably indicate how you'll score on the actual GMAT.

Sometimes people's scores on the official practice tests are inflated. However, given what you have said about how you have prepared, I don't see any obvious reasons why your practice test scores would be inflated. So, unless you somehow saw some of the questions from the official practice tests before you took them, you can be confident that you're ready to score 700+ on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Wow. Congratulations.
You can usually trust the official test and they are usually the best predictor of your score.

The only situation when your score may be in accurate is if you have seen or solved some of these questions. In that case, your score may be inflated.

Usually, the GMAT prep scores will be within 20 to 30 points of your final score so you should expect to score well above 700 as long as you do everything exactly the same way and don’t go overtime and as mentioned if this score was actually clean. 😇

juri01m wrote:
Hello everyone! My first post here on this amazing forum :)

I took GMAT Official Practice Exam 3 today and I scored a 760 (V44, Q49).

I wanted to kindly ask you whether these Official Practice Exams are telling of one's scoring level on the actual GMAT exam :?
I also wanted to ask you whether I can reasonably expect to score a 700 (I need a 700 score to get into my target MSc course) on the actual GMAT, which I'll have next week.

Background info:
I have my GMAT next week.
On November 30th, I scored a 650 (V36, Q44) on Official Practice Exam 1 before opening any books.

After some intense Verbal studying (Manhattan books, lots and lots of GMAT Ninja videos), on Dec 16th I scored a 700 (V44, Q42) on Official Practice Exam 2.

On Christmas Eve I joined TTP and went through their Quant Expert course (it's really an amazing course ladies and gentlemen, you should really give it a try imho).

Thank you in advance! :please:

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you very much bb.

The only questions I had seen from this exam were 2 RC passages, but I solved them in December when I had little to any GMAT preparation.

In fact, during yesterday's Official Practice Exam, I recalled almost nothing from those 2 passages, neither the meaning nor the correct answers.

I was almost always sure about my answers to RC questions on those 2 passages, but I ended up getting 1 of those wrong, hopefully proving that I didn't actually remember them at all.

I'll let you know about my Official Exam. Wish you the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi juri01m.

I'm glad to hear that TTP has worked so well for you.

Regarding the official practice tests, your scores on those tests probably indicate how you'll score on the actual GMAT.

Sometimes people's scores on the official practice tests are inflated. However, given what you have said about how you have prepared, I don't see any obvious reasons why your practice test scores would be inflated. So, unless you somehow saw some of the questions from the official practice tests before you took them, you can be confident that you're ready to score 700+ on the GMAT.

Hello Marty! Always great to see you hanging around the Verbal forum and on TTP!

The only questions I had seen from this Official Practice Exam were 2 RC passages, but I solved them back in December when I had little to any GMAT preparation.

In fact, during yesterday's Official Practice Exam, I recalled almost nothing from those 2 passages, neither the meaning nor the correct answers.

I was almost always sure about my answers to RC questions on those 2 passages, but I ended up getting 1 of those RC questions wrong, hopefully proving that I didn't actually remember the passages at all.

I don't know if I have a kind of 'subconscious memory', if you know what I mean, but generally my memory is quite bad and I tend to forget many many things, let alone RC passages :lol: I'm confident that I didn't remember those 2 passages.

Do you think my Verbal score might be inflated because of this reason?

I'll let you know about my Official Exam. See you on TTP!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22208 [1]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi juri01m,

Assuming you are taking your practice test under realistic testing conditions then yes, you have a great shot at scoring 700+ on the real GMAT,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi juri01m,

Assuming you are taking your practice test under realistic testing conditions then yes, you have a great shot at scoring 700+ on the real GMAT,

Thank you Scott! I'm crossing my fingers, let's do it :)
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1806 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi juri01m

Did you end up taking the test? Do share your test day experience!
GMAT Club Bot