GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 11:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Does Kellogg accept someone had an MBA in the past?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Does Kellogg accept someone had an MBA in the past? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 14:54
I know my case is uncommon. I graduated from a one year MBA program in another school 11 years ago. I am now in my late 30's but I really like to re-boost my knowledge and business skills from the top B-school and pursue changes for my future careers. Can anyone share similar experience or thoughts? Thank you so much!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Does Kellogg accept someone had an MBA in the past? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 16:16
MXXD wrote:
I know my case is uncommon. I graduated from a one year MBA program in another school 11 years ago. I am now in my late 30's but I really like to re-boost my knowledge and business skills from the top B-school and pursue changes for my future careers. Can anyone share similar experience or thoughts? Thank you so much!

I think it is admirable to be a lifelong learner. A few thoughts-- one there is a program like Stanford MsX where you do another year of business study -- and the average age is in your range or maybe a bit more. Also look at other programs like MIT. In terms of Kellogg-- I think the best way to know for sure is to reach out to adcom there and speak to them about your situation. That way you'll know more before investing lots of effort. I could see that if you make a compelling case there is always a chance you can be successful. I also think you could look at many online or executive MBA options-- but if you want full-time then some of the MBA of the fellows programs like Sloan Fellows might be a great option too: http://mitsloan.mit.edu/fellows/ If you would like to discuss this with someone on our team in a free consult -- which I think could help you get more insight-- reach out to us at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Expert Post
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 13:41
@MDXX

A lot has changed in the market and the MBA curricula (new concentrations) over the past 11 years. You should think about why you are seeking an MBA -- what are you looking to gain from a program (be as specific as possible). Are you looking change career, build a network, learn some particular skills, etc. Based on your answers to those questions, you should look at MBA, EMBA, and a focused one-year Master's programs (Kellogg, MIT, Columbia, Stanford, Harvard, are some schools you should look at (be sure to look at their various master's offerings as well). If you build a strong case for "why a second MBA?" and "Why now?," programs will be receptive.

Feel free to reach out for a free consultation where we can discuss your profile in length and options available (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation
+ 10% off any package

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 05:03
MXXD wrote:

Hi MXXD,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Your chances of success will depend largely on how well you are able to identify and communicate your need for a 'second MBA'. If you are able to do so strongly, you may receive a positive response. At the same time, do look at EMBA options as well.

All the best! :-)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Expert Post
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2018, 11:38
MXXD wrote:

Hi MXXD,

I am a little late seeing this thread but I hope the advice is still useful.

Kellogg does accept candidates who have already done an MBA before. However take this into factor: A one year program or an eMBA/part time may be more suitable for you and the b-school is likely to push you into these programs given your age and work experience.

If you are looking for an immersive experience, one year programs like MIT Sloan Fellows, MSx Stanford, LBS Sloan Fellows or the iBear program will be suitable for you.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Write to us for a FREE profile evaluation
Read our blog:The MBA Decoder Bulletin
Read our Testimonials
View the Deadlines

Re: Does Kellogg accept someone had an MBA in the past?   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2018, 11:38

Does Kellogg accept someone had an MBA in the past?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap