It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:32

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Does reapplying have a negative success rate?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Does reapplying have a negative success rate? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 10:42
Hello,

I just completed my third GMAT, and to my dismay it was only a mere 640.

Although I want to improve, I wanted to apply this year and round 2 is coming up in January.

Should I still apply in case I get in? I'm wondering if I don't get accepted, if that will affect my chances when I reapply the following year.

Target schools are NYU/UCLA.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Does reapplying have a negative success rate? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 00:59
tonyjyoo wrote:
Hello,

I just completed my third GMAT, and to my dismay it was only a mere 640.

Although I want to improve, I wanted to apply this year and round 2 is coming up in January.

Should I still apply in case I get in? I'm wondering if I don't get accepted, if that will affect my chances when I reapply the following year.

Target schools are NYU/UCLA.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Hi tonyjyoo

Thanks for your query.

Your current GMAT score is much below the average GMAT score indicated by the schools in question. Hence, we strongly recommend that you work towards improving your score before applying. Now, to answer your question, success at the time of reapplication depends on how well you were able to identify and address the gaps that were present in your application in the previous year. The gap could be due to many reasons - low GMAT score, weak essays, lack of fit etc. Hence, if you are able to work towards plugging the gap, you will have high chances of success.

For now, we strongly recommend that you focus on your GMAT and apply with a stronger score

:)

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Does reapplying have a negative success rate? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 12:31
I would say when reapplying their is an onus or an expectation that your application will improve in some way from the prior year. Considering you have already been dinged if you submitted the same exact application you probably get dinged again, so that is what makes reapplying a challenging ordeal. So make sure you are putting your best foot forward when you do apply. This is why many schools ask you why right now is the ideal time for you to apply, they want to make sure you have thought through the pros and cons of applying to school, which includes what is included in your application package. With your score and given the schools you are targeting, I would save yourself the time and just retake the GMAT and try and get a score closer to the averages at your target schools, because right now your GMAT is low.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Does reapplying have a negative success rate?   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2017, 12:31

Does reapplying have a negative success rate?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap