GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 11:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch..

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch..  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 21:27
I have finished the Quant syllabus once (from e-Gmat) and now I am going to start with my Verbal preparation (again from e-Gmat). Could anyone please tell me how to keep in touch with Quant while studying for Verbal? I don't want to lose touch with the Quant basics (in fact, I want to slowly build upon whatever I have done in Quant in the last 40 days). Time available for studying is not a problem here, I am able to clock 3-4 hrs on weekdays and 5 hrs on weekends.

I know my question may sound very basic (just do 10/20 questions from Quant daily), I am asking this because when I started preparing in Feb '18, I focussed exclusively on Quant, since I'm a little more comfortable & acquainted with the Verbal and I was starting from a scratch after 7 years of service. I don't want to adopt the same strategy while doing Verbal because I am afraid i might lose touch with Quant and I have to appear for the GMAT exam in first week of June this year (2018).

What strategy/method(s) did you guys adopt to handle Quant and Verbal, in simultaneity?

Much appreciated,
Shail
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch..  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 10:08
Hi just question for you , i have recently started preparing for gmat , did you find egmat prep useful and effective ?? Is it worth buying the paid version ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch..  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 11:38
Nirenjan Hey Nirenjen. Yes, I found the egmat to be extremely structured and useful for my Quant prep and ongoing Verbal prep. Just so you know, I did a two months course with an institute I don't want to lambast here, before I started egmat, but definitely, go for the paid version. It's totally worth it.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 22:19
shailendrasaiwal wrote:
Nirenjan Hey Nirenjen. Yes, I found the egmat to be extremely structured and useful for my Quant prep and ongoing Verbal prep. Just so you know, I did a two months course with an institute I don't want to lambast here, before I started egmat, but definitely, go for the paid version. It's totally worth it.
thank you

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:52
shailendrasaiwal wrote:
I have finished the Quant syllabus once (from e-Gmat) and now I am going to start with my Verbal preparation (again from e-Gmat). Could anyone please tell me how to keep in touch with Quant while studying for Verbal? I don't want to lose touch with the Quant basics (in fact, I want to slowly build upon whatever I have done in Quant in the last 40 days). Time available for studying is not a problem here, I am able to clock 3-4 hrs on weekdays and 5 hrs on weekends.

I know my question may sound very basic (just do 10/20 questions from Quant daily), I am asking this because when I started preparing in Feb '18, I focussed exclusively on Quant, since I'm a little more comfortable & acquainted with the Verbal and I was starting from a scratch after 7 years of service. I don't want to adopt the same strategy while doing Verbal because I am afraid i might lose touch with Quant and I have to appear for the GMAT exam in first week of June this year (2018).

What strategy/method(s) did you guys adopt to handle Quant and Verbal, in simultaneity?

Much appreciated,
Shail

I find drills give me a good practice (You can try veritas or gmat club toolkit ) And since questions are picked at random it covers the entire quant. Also everyday gmat club gives you recommended questions. it will take hardly 5 mins but they are timed and wont take much time off your prep.

I myself struggle in quant ( forgetting formulae, rule exceptions etc so i keep it a point to go through my notes on weekends for a refresh). I highly recommend you to join watsapp group (let me know if you havnt yet). You'll be amazed how much you'll learn and its a great way to keep up with gmat prep and get to know amazing people. :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 01:56
mini246 wrote:
shailendrasaiwal wrote:

Much appreciated,
Shail

I find drills give me a good practice (You can try veritas or gmat club toolkit ) And since questions are picked at random it covers the entire quant. Also everyday gmat club gives you recommended questions. it will take hardly 5 mins but they are timed and wont take much time off your prep.

I myself struggle in quant ( forgetting formulae, rule exceptions etc so i keep it a point to go through my notes on weekends for a refresh). I highly recommend you to join watsapp group (let me know if you havnt yet). You'll be amazed how much you'll learn and its a great way to keep up with gmat prep and get to know amazing people. :-)
I would also like to join the WhatsApp group. I am a beginner in GMAT Preparation. Please guide me, I want a proper study plan. And how should I approach towards the preparation.
I have Official Guides, KAPLAN GMAT Prep Plus and The Princeton Review GMAT Premium.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch.. &nbs [#permalink] 17 May 2018, 01:56

How to prep for Verbal after doing Quant once & without losing touch..

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR JULY
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap