It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 22:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Due to health problems: poor grades & delay. Want to pursue an MBA.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Due to health problems: poor grades & delay. Want to pursue an MBA. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 17:39
Me:
- 27 yo male, born/raised in the Netherlands. Now in good health but past health problems.
- BA economics & business economics.
- Currently in MA finance here in the Netherlands.

Dream:
- Move to the US to pursue a top MBA and start a business.

Problem
- Past health problems led to study delay & very poor grades during my bachelor and now my master.
- Worried that potential employers when I start looking for an internship this summer after I graduate will be put off by my delay and poor grades as many/most employers also ask for a grade list.

Question
- What kind of functions/companies should I pursue where I will both have the highest change of being hired as well being able to pursue an MBA?

I you have any questions or need more information about me, please feel free to contact me.

Dear GMATclub,

My name is Jan. I am 27 and I was born and raised in the Netherlands. I have a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business economics. I am currently enrolled in a Master of Finance program here in the Netherlands. My dream is to pursue a top MBA in the US and start a business.

At the time of this writing I am exploring career options for when I graduate this summer. I am doubting between banking and consulting (typical choices I know).

My main concern is that due to health problems I have had study delay and my grades during my bachelor and now my master have been very poor. I have noticed that many firms in addition to a resume and cover letter also ask for a grade list and I am concerned that once a potential employer sees my study delay and my low grades I will not be hired.

What I would like to know is what kind of functions and companies should I pursue where I will both have the highest change of being hired as well being able to pursue an MBA? I you have any questions or need more information about me, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jan Windrug

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 75

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Due to health problems: poor grades & delay. Want to pursue an MBA. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 23:40
- What kind of functions/companies should I pursue where I will both have the highest change of being hired as well being able to pursue an MBA?//

It depend on your personal interest no one can suggest Look which fields or subjects attracts you

- Move to the US to pursue a top MBA and start a business.
Start Prep for GMAT as you say you are 27 Its fine till 30 get work experience meanwhile prep for GMAT and try to crack it with 700+ you have enough time man since after 32 it will be difficult for you to get into MBA so I mentioned 30 meanwhile your experience and MBA will ultimately drives you to your ambition of business Good Luck

Got Q42,V17
Target#01 Q45,V20--April End

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 75

Re: Due to health problems: poor grades & delay. Want to pursue an MBA.   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2017, 23:40

Due to health problems: poor grades & delay. Want to pursue an MBA.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap